CrazyBoards.org

seeing a new therapist tomorrow - nervous!

hey again everybody! after weeks of waiting for my dr to get me a referral for a therapist, i went to my ins co web site myself and found 4 within a 40 mile radius. the first three have over a month waiting list but #4 can see me tomorrow. i then called the dr office and talked to the referral lady whos taking care of that part for me.

now all thats left to do is to meet the great and wonderful LPC tomorrow. my anxiety today is VERY high. and its begun much earlier in the day than usual. i usually get hit in the afternoons/early evenings. im sure its cuz im nervous about meeting this new lady.

will i like her? will we mesh? will i be able to open up to her? i mean REALLY open up to her? will she be a good listener? i SO want someone who will listen to me and help ME figure things out. my last lady always just told me i should do this or that. i have a itty bitty problem with being told what to do, especially by someone who ive only spent a few weeks with.

my sick daughter is still at home and on the homebound program finally but shes better now and ready to go back. ive been trying for days to get a hold of her dr to get her to write a release letter so she can return to school. i made my therapy appt on monday in anticipation that dd would be back at school the next day. that was yesterday and shes still home today. if i dont hear from the dr today, and i have left yet another detailed message with a human being, im gonna have to get a babysitter for tomorrow cuz i dont want to cancel.

but then again, i dont want to go either. for the same reasons as all those questions i asked the paragraph before last.

but i'll go..... i barely got out of bed last week i was so depressed. had some tough decisions to be made and didnt know what to do. became paralyzed. and more depressed. but it seems to come in waves and this week im less depressed and more more anxious. but i did cry for about a half hour this morning during my shower. i guess the rains just came pouring out!

if it aint one thing, its another. okay, im babbling now. thanks again and wish me luck tomorrow! and maybe even give me some advice on how to calm down till then. klonopin is already on the list!

*edited* to correct spelling errors in subject header

Congrats on getting to see a theraspist sooner than expected. I hope she is the perfect (or as near as possible) t-doc for you and all goes great. I know I was a bundle of nerves the day of my first t-doc appointment and i didn't even have any Klonopin then. You'll do fine.

Tommy

hey,

I've been there (I think we all have!) but yay that you managed to get in with her earlier and I wish you the best of luck, I"m sure it will be fine! If you think that you might back out, then take a few deep breaths and do it for your daughter- I'm sure you're a great mother, you certainly seem to have her best interests at heart but when you are less depressed you can be better to you and therefore even better to her. You can do it ;) goodluck, let us know how it goes,

meg

Totally normal. For all the reasons you stated, I haven't found a new therapist yet. Not going seems like it is easier than going through dozens of choices trying to find 1 that is open and who doesn't suck. You are lucky you only have this one choice (well, kinda) - I have a ton of choices and just have to go eeny-meeny-miney-moe.

Definitely go to the appt and see how it goes. worse comes to worse you can make an appt for a month down the line with one of the other people and see the LPC until then.

I wish you luck!

Not going seems like it is easier than going through dozens of choices trying to find 1 that is open and who doesn't suck.

Definitely go to the appt and see how it goes. worse comes to worse you can make an appt for a month down the line with one of the other people and see the LPC until then.

thanks to everyone for your replies.

SG - now THAT made me laugh - in a rhetorical kind of way. (i hope that means what i think it means...) anyway, it didnt relieve the anxiety but it did make me laugh.

also, good suggestion on making the other appointments as back ups.

thanks again to everyone!

well, DDs doctor didnt call so she wont be back in school tomorrow but i did find a babysitter for the day. ive made my lists of everything i need to leave the house with (cuz i cant remember ANYTHING if it aint on a list!) and errands i should take care of while im out. (like get milk for the kids since we are out!) i got the referral taken care of. i have the directions... i think im ready to go. im still anxious and have taken 3 klonopin today. but they were spaced out by several hours each. ive also thrown up. THAT was fun....

anyway, im heading to bed but will probably check this thread again in the morning for re-encouragement. i just hope it works out with this lady...

anyway, thanks again and good night.

hey everyone. im back! i dont know why i worried so much. this was our 1st session and i should have known better than to expect anything other than a brief (took the whole session) history. never did get to any current issues at all. but i see her again next week, so we shall see....

Archived