CrazyBoards.org

Argh

I can't sleep, I can't stop talking to myself and I want to go shopping and have lots of sex. I don't think it's full hypomania, I feel anxious and agitated as well, it feels like a mixed episode. I don't see my pdoc till the 10th of May and can't get in sooner. I'm so tired and inattentive that I am getting clumsy and irritable with people. I really hate being bipolar sometimes.

it sounds like a little med tweek could go a long way. is there any way to get your pdoc on the phone, or get on a waiting list? maybe have them call you in the event of a cancellation?

i think it's important to see your pdoc. catching these things before they get way out of hand is really key, at least for me. a few days could mean several more days on meds to recover.

your best bet is probably the phone. hopefully your pdoc isn't a jerk and will help you over the phone. maybe you should take more of something or s/he'll send in a script for you.

i hate being bipolar too. it does bite. i'm trying to work right now in the trial work program under ssdi, and it bites, it really does.

I think I will make an appointment with my GP to see if she can suggest anything. I do contact my pdoc but only get his secretary and she always refers me back to my GP in situations like this (though my GP is mental health trained and can prescribe for me.) I feel worried that this is happening because I have been off the risperdal for a week now (my pdoc wanted me off it and it has taken three months to slowly wean off it) and I know it has mood stabilizing properties. I'll be disappointed if the depakote can't control my mood swings alone and I have to go back on risperdal.

Thanks for your replies, I hate late nights when I start to delude myself that I am the only person who is going through this and I am going to suffer forever.

Hi,

i feel the same way. and i suppose part of it is this pregnancy. but ive had these same issues before - cant sleep, need to shop & spend money. and DESPERATELY needing sex. due to my physical shape - i'd have to find someone else willing to do all the "work" and then it would just be pity sex. hell, i'll take whatever i can get. ;)

UGHUGHUGH.

im so right there with you.

db

Well in the end I think my body just gave in to exhaustion and I got eight hours sleep last night, and I feel a little less wired today. I did go shopping but not on a massive spree so that is a positive. Looking back on it, I think my therapy has been triggering a lot of anxiety and I am starting to think maybe I could put all this down to being stressed. That is the rub when you have a mood disorder and you're in therapy, what is a chemical mood change and what is just emotions triggered by therapy?

It's not full blown hypomania, not to the extent that anyone lives with me has noticed, and they usually do. So I am going to keep an eye on it, go see my GP if it creeps back, and make sure my pdoc gets told about it when I see him.

I'm thinking it is hypomania, whether others have noticed or not. Going to GP as a preventative measure would probably benefit you.

And yeah, hating the BP. Swallowing a handful of pills sucks. Actually, I thoroughly enjoyed my last hypo stint, although a good amount of damage was done during it. I'm still trying to catch up money wise, and am missing the energy. Sigh.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't sleep, I can't stop talking to myself and I want to go shopping and have lots of sex. I don't think it's full hypomania, I feel anxious and agitated as well, it feels like a mixed episode. I don't see my pdoc till the 10th of May and can't get in sooner. I'm so tired and inattentive that I am getting clumsy and irritable with people. I really hate being bipolar sometimes.

• Happy Spring Fever! I usually go religious this time of year.

Archived