CrazyBoards.org

I can remember that when I started risperdal (2mg) a couple of years ago, it really knocked out my OCD. Brightened my head. My current pdoc, though, took me off of it and put me on seroquel (200mg), which doesn't seem to have that property. Having problems with an obsession. wondered if risperdal would help any. Can these be taken together? Pdoc is only in on Wednesdays, so it would be days before I got a reply. I mean, would taking them concurrently kill me??? I don't know if it would help or not, but wondered if it would be worth a try. any thoughts? I have both 1mg, 2mg, and .25mg tablets.

I've upped my SQ a couple of nights in a row, because of racing, negative thoughts. It knocks me out, but I don't feel anything changed during the day.

So would a higher dose of sq help with ocd? And the part about "mixing APs is seldom done".... still doesn't answer, is it *harmful*? My pdoc had given me a low dose script of risp to help with out of control anger issues, to take during the day. But, that was while I was still on it.

I know I'm coming toward the teeth-grinding foggy haze of an obsession, I'd like to kill it early.

Rabbit,

I used to be on 4mgs of Risperdal, but my new pdoc now has me on 1mg of Risperdal in the a.m., and titrating up (almost there) to 600mgs of Seroquel in the p.m. And I am taking them both together, and pdoc is okay with that. And nothing bad is happening to..... wait, what were we talking about again? Lol J/K Anyway, my pdoc is okay with it, so it must not be a bad mix. But I am not in any way a medical professional, so don't take my word for it if you're not comfortable taking them together. Just sharing what my meds are at the present time. Good luck.

TA, jeez, I'm beating my head against the wall. DUH. I did the same thing, tapering off risperdal while titrating sq. DUH. I can't believe I forgot that. Oh, I'm not looking for professional medical advice, I just wanted someone to say it wouldn't (or shouldn't) kill me.

Okay, so I may try a little tomorrow, and see what happens. It'll be a Saturday, so if I turn into one gigantic lump, I can sleep it off. I just need to get my head a little cleared. Pdoc appt on Wednesday, so hopefully I won't do too much damage between now and then.

Thanks, I can't believe I had forgotten about that. My mind's a foggy jello right now.

...risperdal is a cool drug, i took it for awhile. but be careful with it, especially being female. it messes with your prolactin. it can make you lactate and make your body think you just had a baby, so you could get all the post-partum symptoms that new mothers get after taking the stuff for awhile. my hair fell out in clumps, i lost my periods, and i lactated. it took 6 months for these effects to go away after i stopped taking risperdal.

so while it is really cool, be careful with it. look into the new time released version of it for milder side effects.

and i've heard of people mixing AAPs, but rarely.

I was supposed to do the risperdal/seroquel combination. I tried it for a little bit, and did not like the effects of seroquel, so I stopped. So yeah, you probably wouldn't die. I am, however, going to second what Elvis said. Don't do anything without your doctors blessing.

Well, I'm sorry, I had some particularly bad problems this morning, not only with an obsessive fog, but anger building rapidly. I took just .25mg risp, and honestly do feel a bit calmer. Not sleepy, which is a little unusual. I *WILL* tell pdoc on Wednesday, and will try to only do the bare minimum of risp, IF I feel like I need a little extra bump. Just the bare minimum, and hopefully no more at all.

Thanks for the replies.

Archived