CrazyBoards.org

out of the corner of my eye

Don't really know where to put this-anyway-

Do you ever think you see something out of the corner of your eye , but when you turn to look there is nothing there???

Its one of those things I try to blame on the cat running by- but you can't really do that if she sitting in your lap now can you.

Yes, its' quite common for those of us taking crazy meds. I first had it happen when I started on Paxil, then later when i was on Lithium and first started Lamictal. It seems to crop back up when I'm going hypo/manic, so it's a little symptom that I take note of.

Basically, it's a low grade hallucination best I can tell. It can be annoying, but hopefully it should improve. Tell you pdoc about it, but don't panic. If it increases or you have other symptoms give your doc a call.

a.m.

Some of these meds (or MI conditions, as well) can up your "sensory threshold" detection system. At some subjective point, it becomes hallucinations (or paranoia, in the case of thought).

This almost goes without saying, but a lot of stimulants are known for doing this to people.

huh.

I've had this happen ever since I was really little..I always thought everybody did it?

guess not?

like if I was walking past room and I'd see someone in there and then glance back and really look and it's just a chair or pile of laundry or nothing. it always mildy freaked me out and I'd double-take a lot even though I *knew* there would be nothing there. I've always done that. It still happens all the time.

damn. not a normal thing?

You and me both, meg! I file it along with all the stuff I thought was normal until I actually told someone about it....intense rage, suicidal thoughts, believing I was the second coming of the messiah..... Now that I've been told this shit ain't normal, I monitor it and probably deal with it somewhat better, but, since I've always dealt with it anyway, I don't view it as particularly problematic.

xx

Archived