CrazyBoards.org

What is the silliest thing you've done on WB

I don't know how common it is but I know with me that I sometimes do silly things or forget how to do a simple everday thing that I've done many times before. (on Wellbutrin)

As I posted in another post, when I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to take the hose off the petrol pump and stood there dumbfounded and concluded that they must have locked them (they hadn't).

Or when I was trying to lock the car with my remote control when I was actually using the other car that has no alarm. Pointed it a few times wondering why it wasn't working before I realised.

I've done some other silly things but can't jog my memory right now.

Anyone else lost their marbles on WB?

Nothing like that has ever happened to me and I've been on it off and on for ten years.

Be sure you're not having seizures. They are a possible side effect.

http://www.epilepsy.com/epilepsy/seizure_simplepartial.html

http://www.epilepsy.com/epilepsy/seizure_a...calabsence.html

http://www.epilepsy.com/epilepsy/seizure_complexpartial.html

ditto to what VE said. I've been on it for over a year and I've never had any problems that resemble that. Please check in with your pdoc. A lot of our psych meds make us space out, but I don't think this is a common effect with WB - unless you are, indeed, having seizures.

yeah you got me worried now. I did have a look at those webpages, and did again just now.

I've sometimes "seen something" for a second that wasnt there, but it occurs and is gone so quickly that I just shrug it off.

I've also smelled things that weren't there. For example the other day I woke up from a dream of a plane crash and I could have SWORN I could smell kerosine, as I did in my dream as well. Then it went away after a few minutes.

Hmm, don't really want to mention anything to my pdoc (yea I know I should) cause I don't want to quit taking it, I refuse to take SSRI's anymore and it's kind of my last resort, even if it costs my a$$ as I have to pay full price for it here in this country.

Gonna keep a diary of my "dumb" events. See what I come up with

olfactory hallucinations are a big deal.

You need to understand that seizures fry your brain like an egg on skillet. They don't just go away when you take away what's causing them. They can get worse and stay there even if you quit taking the thing that initially caused them.

You need to understand that seizures fry your brain like an egg on skillet. They don't just go away when you take away what's causing them. They can get worse and stay there even if you quit taking the thing that initially caused them.

Oh that's encouraging, lol. So I'm gonna have seizures with or without WB now. I'll mention it briefly to my pdoc tomorrow, see what she says. ;)

Oh that's encouraging, lol. So I'm gonna have seizures with or without WB now. I'll mention it briefly to my pdoc tomorrow, see what she says. ;)

yes and no, depending. a friend of mine had a tonic clonic because of wellbutrin, her doc pulled her off it, she saw a neuro, spent a year on keppra, and they weaned her off the keppra and she's been seizure free since.

just do be aware that seizures are a well documented side effect from wellbutrin and that olfactory hallucinations are a red flag that there is probably seizure activity going on and you should probably get an EEG to see what's going on in your brain.

no need to flip out, just make sure you stay on top of the issue and i'd ask for a neuro referral from your pdoc, if i were you.

And, they can start months in advance of more recognizable seizure activity. I personally would have to agree that if you are hallucinating chemical odors and/or smoke, it is past time to find another antidepressant (and don't count on it going away completely anytime soon).

Not necessarily. The main part of the deal is that Wellbutrin is one of the psych meds best known for lowering an individual's seizure threshold. So while you may not ever have a generalized seizure, you may still be far more prone to one (or more, or partial seizures) than you would otherwise be. Unfortunately, there's little guarantee that your personal threshold, once lowered significantly, can be raised back up to where it was.

I mentioned it to my pdoc. She was kind of amused. Had a little smile on her face as if I was telling her I just saw an alien land on earth and he talked to me.

All she said was not to believe everything you read on the internet. Well duh, I read for myself what simple partial sensory seizures are and seems to me I might be having those. She doesn't give a f* if I smelled kerosine, it seems (lol). Well not lol. Anywayz...

So she kind of brushed it off. I'm afraid. She said only people on the normal or higher doses stand a 0.0001% chance of getting seizures.

WTF I do now I dunno. Just keep taking the pills and hope for the best I guess :-/

All she said was not to believe everything you read on the internet. Well duh, I read for myself what simple partial sensory seizures are and seems to me I might be having those. She doesn't give a f* if I smelled kerosine, it seems (lol). Well not lol. Anywayz...

Heh. After describing how diesel exhaust in traffic was now (at the time) smelling EXACTLY like fresh-broiled juicy steaks on the grill,

my doctor's receptionist relayed back "The doctor says you are to stop taking it, and to come in *today*"

So she kind of brushed it off. I'm afraid. She said only people on the normal or higher doses stand a 0.0001% chance of getting seizures.

That's for extended release, averaged over a large group. I believe that includes the 150 mg/day dosing, not just the 300 mg/day. However, for the

unlucky 1 in 10,000 his risk turned out to be 1 in 1. If you have insurance, you can discuss it all with your regular doctor and ask about a

neurological consult. A professional that deals with seizures may have a different opinion of your symptoms. THIS space alien landing on the internet

says you don't want to find out how much worse it can get without having an identifiable general seizure or persistent EEG abnormalities.

• 2 months later...

Well this doesnt apply to wellbutrin, but when I was on Zoloft I often found myself using the car keys to try to unlock my appartment. Not the actual key but standing by my door, pointing my key chain at the door, and pressing the unlock button.

I frequently do amazingly stupid things like this more often when im not on antidepressants. Mainly because it seems like im thinking so hard about trying to stay calm as well as other obsessional things that go along with my depression/anxiety that im not really too present in reality and hence do stupid crap.

Something like wellbutrin, however, which boosted my anxiety a whole lot, kind of sent me back into similiar types of stupid behavior. So many uncontrollable thoughts were entering my head that I would kind of space out in a similiar way.

When I took it, I would have random outbursts of giddiness, a sensation that I had to move and I would often make a sort of little squeal while doing so. I'm not sure if it counts as akathisia, since it would pass after about 30 seconds and it wasn't severe, just a little embarrassing. It was very strange and I don't think I've done it since I went off WB. My anxiety level was higher than usual (which is really saying something) and I had trouble sleeping. Other than the giddiness attacks, I don't recall doing anything goofier than normal either time I took it, though.

Having read the early posts on this thread, I'm now retroactively nervous because I have had olfactory hallucinations before, and I can't remember if I was on WB at the time. Hmm. I'll be sure to mention that to my pdoc when I see him next.

This is going to reveal my ignorance of seizures and pharmacology, but... can anticonvulsants repair damage that seizures have caused? I seem to recall reading something about that, but when I googled it just now I couldn't find anything about it.

A better description for this 'silliness' I guess would be that I 'panic' during periods of high anxiety (which i found wellbutrin induced occasionally). Just like if your car fell into a river and you were so anxious and panicked youd probably just paw randomly at things for a moment, it is the same way when someone asks me how im doing today and you are EXTREMELY anxious and you respond out of panic, "cow patty!".. (doh!... cringe) Then of course your extremely embarrassed because the person thinks your an abosolute retard when you may actually be extremely intelligent. This kind of thing is really the source of alot of my depression.

Archived