CrazyBoards.org

Getting bigger like a mongoose of obesity

Mleh. I've been eating normally for about two or three months now, after starving myself since september. But I've been regaining a little bit of the weight I lost and it's really scaring me! I really liked being all skinny, I know it's not natural for me but I liked it. And I think my tummy is getting scarily huge and will develop into a sentient being which will try to smother me in my sleep.

It could happen!!

Going to buy lots of veggies now and try not to obsess about calories. Farewell...

Hey beautiful girl,

I know I don't understand the ED mentality, so I am not sure how much I can help, except to say that you have a lovely tummy. I am sorry that you are struggling. Can you talk to anyone about this?

hey stunning and hot girl (copying after karuna ;) ),

sometimes i have ED issues too, and for sure some kind of body dysmorphic issues. it sounds like yours are pretty heavy. you are NOT fat, and you know it yourself. it is your disorder talking to you when you have those problems at night and with hating your tummy.

women are supposed to have hips, an ass, a tummy, and boobs. all of those require at least some body fat. some of us have more than others, and there are "ideals" put out by various health organizations.

look up a BMI (body mass index) calculator on the net and it will figure out a number, called your BMI, and you compare that to healthy ranges and you should fall within that bracket.

i know it is hard to eat when you think you're fat, but i just ate taco hell and it was good :) . my weight is at 115 and i'm 5'4. this is totally in the healthy range according to the BMI.

as i said, you are a woman and need to recognize that women have womanly bodies. it is expected to have curves. you're not a little girl anymore, you're not a man, and you're not a boy. women have curves. celebrate being a woman and appreciate the sexy curves you have when you're a normal weight! :cussing:

loon

Just so we all know, BMI can be a crock of shit. It doesn't take into account muscle mass and frame. At my skinniest, when people were telling me to stop losing weight, I was barely in the acceptable range. Granted I agree with the BMI's current judgement of lard-ass as I am now, but it is really hard for me to get out of lard-ass range. Sucks to be me.

As I understand it, starvation slows down your metabolism so that when normal eating is resumed weight will be put on quicker. Frequent, smaller meals can counteract this I believe or make your metabolism speed up.

Sidenote: My cat sleeps on my belly when I am laying on my side. He's got a good foot (sounds good) of space to sprawl out on. It's sad really.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling a bit better now. Been skipping some meals, which is bad, but I went swimming today and thought "Oh my God my tummy is enormous it's going to burst out of my costume how can I even show myself in public" etc...

...then I looked in the mirror when everyone else was in the showers and I looked fine. I was not a mongoose of obesity after all ;) Yay!

I think I can talk to my key workers about it, and they reassure me. So does my boyfriend, he handles my food panics very well!

• 2 weeks later...

You know Birdgirl, I looked up the mongoose, and the mongoose actually has a thin waist and is rather cute! ;) I think you'd like to be compared to a cute, thin bird, right? Feel better right now! I understand. I know the feeling- when you look in the mirror, it is like you're totally fat, but you know logically that if you're NOT FAT!!!

love,

Dark Princess

Archived