CrazyBoards.org

Ambien vs. Restoril

Guest Radha

Guest Radha

Hi.  I'm moving from Ambien to Restoril for insurance reasons.  Is there any general changes I can expect?  Thanks.

Guest PinkToo2grrl

my experience is that the restoril is not as effective with the fall asleep part.  so if you are waiting for that ambien knock out, if you react like I do to it, you're not going to get it.

good luck

Guest PinkToo2grrl

just an aside.  i had the generic temazepam prescribed, so if $ is an issue, there is that option.

Insurance reasons means they want a cheaper medicine than Ambien which is expensive and has no generic yet.  I am pretty sure that they like that temazepam cost.  My insurance company rejected my third Ambien prescription initially, but my pdoc called and got another year approved with little explanation.  They never questioned a temazepam prescription.

Katie

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like Restoril much better than Ambien. But that's probably because I sleepwalk when I take Ambien. The only thing I've noticed with Restoril is that after 3 or 4 days I get a little sleepy during the day. To fix that I take it earlier in the evening.

I've found Ambien is stronger, but restoril is nice and smooth. With Ambien I might fall over in my chair asleep. Restoril I usually have to lie down and then I doze off.

• 2 months later...
Guest chaestarr

Has anyone heard of Ambien helping with pain. Family member suffers terribly with nerve pain from a prior spinal cord injury 25 yrs ago. About 2 yrs ago, she discovered Ambien as a needed sleep aid. Miraculously, it provided significant, and I mean significant pain relief. Docs say its rare & really unable to explain it.....Anybody?

Guest chaestarr

Has anyone heard of Ambien helping with pain. Family member suffers terribly with nerve pain from a prior spinal cord injury 25 yrs ago. About 2 yrs ago, she discovered Ambien as a needed sleep aid. Miraculously, it provided significant, and I mean significant pain relief. Docs say its rare & really unable to explain it.....Anybody?

Guest chaestarr

• 2 years later...

ive had an addiction to benzos for quite a few years now and my tolerance seems to be very high..i usually take up to 5 2mg bars of Xanax but I came acrossed a full script of ambien 10 mg and a full script of restoril. today I took about 50 mg of ambien and 120 mg of restoril..apparently from reading on these drugs they are much stronger than others. I seem to feel a mild buzz right now but im sure a couple hours from now ill forgot I did this. lol..but yeah benzos are deff a hard one to quit for sure

Archived