CrazyBoards.org

Saying Hello for the First Time

Hello all,

This is my first post on the boards but I have been reading them for quite a while. I figured that I should at least join some type of group be it online or whatever so that I can start to socialize. (my therapist says socializing is actually a good thing. I would never have figured that out myself.) And I do like this board, so thus I have joined.

I am a 21 year old psychology student at Cal Poly. I generally maintain an antisocial lifestyle. I'm hopelessly addicted to tv (I'm a total geek: Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica) and I will spend 12 hours on my computer if I could. No boyfriend (still antisocial) I also spend my time knitting and hanging out with my sister (the social part of my day).

The requisite psych stuff:

It is possible that I have been depressed since middle school though I had never been diagnosed. College came and ruined my life. By junior year I was full on depressed but still wouldn't admit it. It took failing an entire quarter of classes to go and see a therapist. I was put on prozac, the drug that oficially ruined my life. A year later and I have been officially diagnosed as Bipolar II. I'm still not stable and I have taken a medical leave from school to figure this whole thing out.

All in all I am glad to be on these boards.

Hi Lunar, welcome.

Sounds like you are making progress, difficult as it might be. Getting out and interacting can be almost impossible at times, but I usually feel better after I do. Even if it's nothing more than going to the store and saying Hi to the check out clerk.

Feel free to post.

cheers, a.m.

Knitting/Star Trek fan also on medical leave trying to figure things out while bipolar II *sticks hand up*

Nice to meet you!

Archived