CrazyBoards.org

Best Cymbalta dose? (sort of a personal rant too)

Right now I am taking 40 MG which honestly isn't doing very much for me. Every now and then I'll get these sudden inspirational bursts to make shit happen but I am generally pretty sluggish and depressed. Getting out of bed is difficult... it feels like I am not truly awake until 8 PM. Then I get manic but not manic enough to do anything cool... more like a bored sort of mania/anger thing that makes me want to scream at people on the streets. The depression isn't suicidal but "I am a lame and pathetic nobody" type stuff. It feels like even though I am doing as much as I can that I am still not where I want to be... and that people are laughing at what an annoying freak I am in public... even people who I think are my friends. It's socially paranoia and anxiety too. It's not fun.

I am also on Klonopin (1 MG) for the anxiety. Things aren't terrible but they aren't exactly stable. I feel like I put up with too much shit because of how difficult my life has been... like I don't know any better. I want to increase my dose but since I am considered bipolar I don't want it to be too high. I know that I "should" be on mood stabilzers, but I have personal reasons for not being on them which I don't feel like discussing. I am fine with a bit of mania... it is actually quite fun if it doesn't get out of hand... but I am not fine with being manic to the point where I'm unable to communicate with anyone who isn't "on my superior hyperspeed level" or whatever. I'm also not fine with being happy when horrible things are happening.

So I want to up the dosage a bit here, but I don't want it to be too high either. Any suggestions?

And thanks for listening. ;)

I am bipolar also and I am on 120 mg. of Cymbalta and it seems to make a world of difference (in a positive way). I haven't been in the hospital for almost three months now. Of course I'm taking a mood stabilizer (Lamictal), an anti-psychotic (Abilify), and an anti-anxiety pill (Klonopin) along with it, but it does seem to be working.

Tommy

Another "me-too" for the 60mg dose. Though for some reason, pdocs seem to be pushing 80mg and 120mg rather frequently. I tried 120mg and it resulted in significant Verstopfung. (Say it out loud and you'll figure out which digestive trouble it refers to.)

Archived