CrazyBoards.org

So I've been on Zyprexa for about two weeks now. I was warned when I went onto it that I would probably experience drowsiness and weight gain/ increased appetite.

Well my experience has been quite the opposite. When I take the zyprexa i get energized instead of tired. And I've noticed that I seem to have lost my appetite completely.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with zyprexa?

I ended up getting very anxious on Zyprexa. I was in the hospital at the time and was almost crawling the walls. They tried raising the dosage (huh??) and it only made things worse. I ended up being put on Seroquel. Don't remember about appetite with it.

Olanzapine gives me the appetite of about 3 people combined but it does make me feel very energized and focused - not at all drowsy. It made me go nearly beserk when I combined it with abilify, therein may lie your problem

blackbird x

Has anyone else had similar experiences with zyprexa?

I have had the same reverse effects. Before I took it, I would have to eat like seven small meals becuase my sugar would plummet off of the charts all the time. Now I don't have to eat anything from the time I get up at 7 until my late lunch at 2pm. And everythings fine with that. So I'm eating a lot less, too. I take my zyprexa at night because it helps me sleep, but my energy during the day is normal. ANd if I need a little pick-me-up, I just have a diet coke (with Splenda, not Nutrasweet) because that has just the right amount of caffeine

Archived