CrazyBoards.org

does anyone else think of strange reasons how

i am always thinking about this. i know they say that it is a chemical imbalance, but i don't know if they really know. so, i am always wondering.

here is my latest theory...

holding in your sneezes. i figure that energy goes inward instead of out, surging our brains instead.

i always hold my sneezes.

ok, that is my weirdness for the day. anyone else just as weird? ;)

have a wonky day!

kathy

I was born with dislocated hips, spent the first few years of my walking life in braces, and had several serious surgeries at age 5. These included having to spend 2 months in full body plaster from under my arms down to my toes. Hey, that's got to count for something!

Oh, and I fell off a roof twice, fought with one of my brothers and had the other brother regularly pick me up and plonk me on top of cupboards that I couldn't climb off of. I'm sure I ate some sand once too.

I had 3 head injuries before I was 7. My uncle dropped a brick on my head when I was 3, I fell on slide at 6 and split the back of my head open, and again at 6 I knocked myself cold by hitting myself in the head with a brick (don't ask).

I fell backwards through a plate glass window when I was five. They did a head scan and sent me on my way.

Dude, you guys have had some f***ed up shit happen to you. Unreg - I've gotta ask about hitting yourself in the head with a brick. How many bricks did you piss off and have any attacked you of late? ;)

As for why I am bipolar, I don't think I have ideas that are too far out there. There is of course heredity, family history of depression and instability, but also less tangible family heredity like repression of feelings and not being in a stable environment. THat may have more to do with personality disorders though. In addition (ok this is a little weird) I was conceived through an IUD and I think it has something to do with who/what I am. At least I don't have any physical deformaties, dodged that bullet. I do have this little "T" shaped indentation on my lower back though (kidding).

Hi All:

I agree with SG on the stuff that has happened to CB'ers in the past. im glad y'all are alive!!!

i was never dropped on my head or had any type of head injury (that i know of).

im beginning to think i was born bp. ive started doing a little reading about children with bipolar and my childhood sounds very similar to the symptoms of bp.

im very late & slow in my reading. the april 9, 2007 issue of "the new yorker" has an article about the difficulty of diagnosing bipolar in children. its several pages long and im still not finished. lack of concentration - BIG TIME.

xoxo,

db

I actually think about this a lot. I doubt I would have ever been dx'ed had I not had twins when my middle child was a mere 19 months, and my older son was 7 and I was homeschooling him. I had WAY too much on my plate and went severely manic/psychotic/delusional etc..

However, I think I have always had just the perfect makings of a person with BP. I had poor judgment in the spacing of my children. I've always been impulsive. I have huge gaps of my life that I have little memory of (I think that is ADD related). Plus, my mother is bi-polar. I also think half of my dad's family (inclusing my dad) have high functioning autism.

I can say I think it is a fact that post-partum psychosis triggered my BP, but I think genetics played a huge role in my being set up to have it triggered.

I moved to new york city (come find me suckas!!) from little rhody (more info 4 ya stalkers!!) and met a bipolar person who became my best friend.

Thats how I caught this disease

Sending me spinning

Mentally

On my knees

Shopping sprees

Talking to trees

Aiming to please = + BPD?

Two thoughts--

1. I caught it from my kids who are also Mentally interesting, especially the ADD/BPII one--yep, he's definately to blame.

OR--

2. I had a much too normal, uneventful, and loving childhood

My money is on #1--

china

P.S. In contrast to most of you, I think I was helped vastly by the huge amounts of speed I lived on for years. After all, how different from Adderall can it be??? And alas, am apparently allergic to acid,more's the pity--

Maybe all the pot? Nah, that just made me fat--

P.S. #2--there IS no such thing as too much Ben and Jerry's

There seems to be a lot of early childhood head trauma. Which of course I had too. My slick cement garage floor was just way to cunning for me. It won every time.

And of course having the completely normal, uneventful, loving childhood. ( ;) chinacat) That was what definitely pushed me over the edge.

Archived