CrazyBoards.org

sleep? who needs sleep?

So I was up till 4am last night doing random stuff- mainly inventorying my mary kay stuff trying to decide what to do with it all as I think I'm going out of business- and then was back up again at 8. I'm one of those people who literally goes psychotic on less than 7 hours of sleep. But lately its like why sleep? Sleep is creepy. I mean really think about it--- you put your body into a semi-dead state for 8 hours. Nah thats not for me. My friend says I'm bordering on manic again. All I want to do is go go go... go where? I don't know. Thats where I get stuck. AHHH damn illness....

I'd tend to agree with your friend. We all know needing less sleep is one of the signs. You're taking your meds and everything? When do you go to doc next? I know it is tempting to enjoy the energy, but it's a gamble. I say as long as you're sleeping some you are still safe, but it's your call. Any other signs that you're swinging up, up and away?

mania, here we come!

Keep a close eye on how you're feeling this weekend, and if you find on Monday that you're even speedier and getting more so, give the pdoc a call. Some things can't wait until Thursday.

best,

M

yeah, I was recently hypomanic last week and went a 40 hour period no sleep (and then forced myself in order to drive 6 hours back home). And then after coming home that night went another 27 hours without sleep. Then I crashed and slept 18 hours and am now somewhat depressed. goody.

Hope you can ride the low out.. does your pdoc know that the hypomania/depression cycles are so bad? Consider yourself friended on Livejournal.

Hope you can ride the low out.. does your pdoc know that the hypomania/depression cycles are so bad? Consider yourself friended on Livejournal.

Thanks. I'm currently in between docs at the moment, cause my last one was shit and I had to tell him that I thought I might be bipolar and he was like "okay." No questions or anything. Whatever bad doc.

But I do have a rec for a really great doc in my area so I will be making an appt tomorrow.

Archived