CrazyBoards.org

Fun True & False Facts of Bipolar People.

okay, so heres the thing ive heard some i guess "rumors" no idea if they are true but hey... i gues i wanted to see what other ppl have heard about bipolar disorder.

so ive heard BPD'ers are better at sex. horrible at driving. and creative. haha any one else??

lets have some fun!! :);)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Mia... I'm a great driver, it's everyone else who has air between the ears. And hey, no accidents in 15 years.

Creativity, yes... until the meds and/or depression sucks it out of you. ;)

I was ticketed for exactly one (1) moving violation...

In 2003, I ran the stoplight at the intersection of Chester Ave., MLK Blvd., Stearns Rd., and Euclid Ave. in Cleveland, Ohio. That intersection is simpler than one may think, but that's irrelevant.

By running the stoplight, I mean that my car was (as per Smokey) directly beneath the center of the intersection as the light turned red.

Ohio state law stipulates that it is an offense to fail to obey a traffic signal occurs when any portion of the vehicle is contained within the intersection when the signal is red. <sarcasm>Whilst having Indiana license plates</sarcasm>. There went $120.

That aside, I'm an absolutely excellent driver, if you compare me to the fvcknuts around here who drive with both feet planted firmly on the brake pedal. I was spoiled learning how to drive in a city with good drivers (Indianapolis), and when I moved back to the South last year, I had to re-adjust my acceleration habits in order to avoid rear-end confrontation.

When I visit my parents, I wonder "why's everybody gunning the pedal?!?!?!" --- "Oh wait, that's how you normally accelerate."

Now, my only problem with driving there is 465, the Indianapolis Motor Beltway, but that's another story...

So...if bp's are horrible drivers...what excuse does everyone else have?

(And btw, I'm a great driver)

how many cars in how many years?

HEY!!! It's only 4 I've totalled, one twice, and out of those only ONE was my fault. (OK I was a little drunk...) I've never got a ticket in relaation to totalling a vehicle. And speeding tickets on the highway don't count, I mean shit, this IS Montana. And any ticket vefore 20 doesn't count either, I was just a stupid manic kid. (and yes, I always pushed the limits and then some while manic--maybe some day I'll relate the story of outrunning a cop) In the last 10 years I've gotten ONE off-highway ticket--and that one got deferred.

So ;)

oh yea? i got pulled over 5 times within a 1 year span. all i got was a warning the last time! but, i do watch my speed now.

Pleading the fifth here. Pulled over once for speeding (61 in a 55, welcome to the Fascist Republic of SC) and given a warning. Though that time also involved nearly flipping my car into a ditch, but anyways...

I normally go 5-10MPH above the speed limit, except in SC, VA, and OH, where I keep it under 5 over. Also WV, but there mainly since their speed limits literally ARE speed limits. It's generally not safe to exceed whatever a WV posted speed limit is.

i've heard that we can actually listen to the thoughts of non-bipolar people. it's true, actually.

I honestly do think we're more emotionally "in-tune" in reading others' feelings and emotional thoughts. I'm HFA/Aspie and I can still read emotions well. Now, expressing my own feelings, that's the tough part.

From your signature:

icurrent rx: (on hiatus from) enough lithium and risperdal to kill off the sudras of every land.

It'd probably take whatever the lowest dose available of Risp is to off me, but I don't get along with AAPs, unlike most bipolars. Though your statement above makes me wonder if Brahmins are less vulnerable to Risp's effect. Aaaanyways.

So...if bp's are horrible drivers...what excuse does everyone else have?

(And btw, I'm a great driver)

Fucking A! I've been driving ever since I was 15 years old, and although I may be crazy, my driving skills are superior.

And it's totally true about sex. Us bipolar types can fuck like world champions. Especially during mania. Even with my tinfoil hat.

i've also heard that bp people are good in bed (i'd like to think i fit this description! ;) )

we run off just at the spur of the moment with anyone to do anything and don't give anyone notice (well, could happen)

and we SUCK at driving!...

my driving problems are more to do with ADD (inattentive) than bipolar disorder, at least according to my pdoc. when he put me on adderall my problems with driving got a bit better, so maybe it is a combo.

i've had 3 tickets in my driving career, and several accidents (like VE, how many cars in how many years?). once was for going 82 in a 60, once for going 50 in a 30, and once for driving without insurance and causing a very bad accident (bad loon).

we're irresponsible (can be, like anyone). creative, intelligent, eccentric. often do illicit drugs (i don't). are likely to have not completed higher education (i have a BA).

let's see...i had another few that i can't recall now. i'll probably be adding them later...

loon

I have my own radio station no one else can hear, I always have someone to talk to, I get some of the best drugs, We're probably better party people than most. I can amuse myself in a Wal Mart and a thrift store. And I think Ebay is the greatest thing since grits. Some of the untrue things, I am not an idiot, I am not lazy, and I am not here to take the government's money.

Thanks for the thread and letting me ramble!

Archived