CrazyBoards.org

Som of you know my stiuation. Well, nothing weems to work fot the depression, I stppped taking the paxil and started smoking last week. Started drinking again a coupled of days ago. I wish i could have a drug that makes me feel like this all the time. I have4 no worries, no anxiety (try and come get me you fucing pA's) I love being a bit tipsy, it sucks wehn that feels normal.

Long Duck Dong

aka

Manny

hey-

I don't know much about your situation, BUT (and you probably know this already) what you're doing now isn't the answer. Relying on these things to escape from your mind and pain is a really dangerous road to start down--and usually just leads to more depression and problems in the long run. I'm not trying to be preachy, I've just had too many of my family members try to self-medicate with alcohol and the like and the fact that none of them are around any longer for me to get to know them or help them or love them is proof enough for me that it isn't the answer.

I *know* how hard it is to get into a doctors office and summon up the motivation or willpower to try again, but the sooner you do it, the easier it will be. For now, how about just making an appointment? Get an appointment with a pdoc and be honest about how you're feeling and what you feel like you have to do to feel 'normal' for once--just call and get the appointment and then you'll have some time to talk yourself into it in the meantime. If you do manage to kick your butt all the way to the doctor's office and have an honest talk--it won't hurt, will it? It's a few hours of your day. If you go and make a plan and they prescribe something, you can still give yourself a timeline to start taking it..like within a week or something. Seeing the doctor gives your more options than the one that you have in front of you now, and there is nothing wrong with giving yourself some choices.

Again, I'm sorry if I sound preachy, I really don't mean to! I just hope that you can take a step back from what you're doing now and try and look into the future as well as the present. Goodluck, keep us in the loop, k?

meg

Hey man I'm sorry you fell that way i know what its liek i tried to beat it with booze and then moved onto drugs which got harder and harder until I had spent all my savings on drugs and hit the bottom, i have sinced started a new medication and after a couple weeks i fell better than the drugs made me feel, and I dont come crahing down with a mad hungover which just made me fell worse which lead to more drugs. having been at the bootom i understand the need to experince it for your self, and i just hope you dont hit to had and try going back to the doctor if just for the sake of trying.

-Dave

I don't miss drinking. I used to drink about 8 to 12 beers a day, and I have a lot of things under my belt that I'm not proud of. I almost went jail once for getting out of hand.

Alcohol can be a mean master, take care.

I think my self-medicating with alcohol was a major hinderance in the recovery process - it still is - but a week in Hawaii drinking from wake till sleep, by the bar, on the beach, while feeling brilliant at the time, didn't much help in the long run.

um, take care of you.

Bern

"What's this?! This is CHILDREN'S booze! Give me some of yours"

-Sorry if i went off the other day. Got a pdoc appt Thurs. am going to spill the guts, kinda scary, but nuthin seems to work anyway.

hey manny,

check in so's I know that you're okay, right?

Archived