CrazyBoards.org

internet advertising bastards suck

I am sick to death of huge glow-in-the-dark, see-it-from-space twitching, flashing competing ads on just about every sight on the net. They give me a freaking head ache, make me frantic and generally make me feel ill. I hate them and would NEVER buy anything from anyone who uses such an annoying , classless advert method. I hate them, with a passion and wish I could give every ad goon a super wedgie and push them into a bottomless pit.

Nyyyaaaa ;)

Firefox + Adblock plus + NoScript = 0 ads.

I white list sites in ABP that have ads I want to click on. There's a few sites that have Google ad I click once a day because I know the people running them and they are doing good work.

NoScript is sorta of annoying because it makes you whitelist sites you want to let any sort of scripts (Java, flash, etc) run. But I tend to visit the same sites all the time. So once they're white listed, you're good to go. When I end up on a new site, it usually doesn't make a difference unless the entire page is done in Flash or completely depends on javascript. As a general rule I hate those kinds of sites.

Firefox + Adblock plus + NoScript = 0 ads.

I white list sites in ABP that have ads I want to click on. There's a few sites that have Google ad I click once a day because I know the people running them and they are doing good work.

Actually, if google detects people doing this they can penalize the site owner.

Archived