CrazyBoards.org

kitty got dumped

lysergia

;)

i was just on my third floor balcony when i saw an elderly man sit on my lawn. he opened his backpack and took out a CAT. a real live one. then he took the cat's collar off, and shooed the cat behind the building. then my shock wore off and i started screaming at him "i see you! i see what you did!" and he starts running like fuck.

now the kitty is somewhere behind the building or further... there's nothing to stop her/him from going just about anywhere now. and i can't find it.

i called the spca who took my details and were kind to me and told me to also call animal control. animal control also took my statement. the lady was sympathetic and wanted the cat found too, and said to call them first if i find the kitty because they will come and pick him up to take him to the spca.

then ten minutes later the phone rings and it's another rep from animal control who says they currently have no by-laws to enforce about cats, only dogs. so if i find the cat myself, great, if not, it isn't their problem and just call the spca.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

i keep going between rage (want to find that man and beat the fucking bloody hell out of him)

and triggered like a little baby crying (dont hurt kitty no no please)(insert flashback here)

and hypervigilant (must find cat now, i am superhero)

and panic (the kitty is gone forever and it's my fault i suck oh god oh god)

i needed to get this out. thank you if you read all this. i'm freaking the fuck out. took some clonazepam so that should help soon.

- rita &others

I know that this is an awful thing to witness . Perhaps the old man was unable to feedthe kitty and thought it would have better luck on it's own, or is having to move to where kitty would not be allowed, or even has a fatal illness and could not predict what would happen to the kitty. Before you hate him, consider that to his mind, this might have seemed the kindest option.

Now, if you can calm down and be ok, and not worry poor Panz that you will spend all night roaming the streets looking for the cat. Get some cat nip or tuna fish and call the kitty softly, sit back a safe (from a kitty's pov) distance with a book or ipod or just patience and see if it comes back. It may not have run very far, being in unfamiliar territory and you may be able to lure it back and catch it (you may end up with every other cat in the city showing up too ;) ) I know that you are upset, my parents got rid of my kitty when I was little, they said that they just put her out in the nearby wooded area. I spent as much time as I could sneak away, out there softly calling her and I never saw her again, I'm upset too. But whats important is trying to find the kitty and get it to safety. If you cannot find it, please don't blame yourself ok? I do that all the time, andit isn't a good thing to do

Love

Panz

thanks gals

i am calmer now but still sad cause i never did find the kitty ;)

i'll be keeping my eye out though, there's a lot of strays around here.

hope kitty was fixed and had her shots :)

it's the littles that have the hardest time with this, you know?

then my shock wore off and i started screaming at him "i see you! i see what you did!" and he starts running like fuck.

Probably inappropriate but your post had me laughing.

WHAT kind of person does these things? When it is so easy to just drop a cat off at a shelter or something. Like letting it roam free is nicer for it. Where it could get hit or attacked or something. Ugh.

;):):cussing: Ya know, some people just think that way. I live out of town on a gravel road with rolling farm land all around. We have a very long driveway and every year we get so many dumped off pets. I cannot keep them and it breaks my heart every time. I have a bunch of spayed/neutered cats that live out side now, because some of them are too screwed up and spooky to go to a "good" home, where because of their problem behavior they would just end up abandoned or sent back to the shelter.The cats are all well fed and cared for and they keep the mouse and vole population down to a dull roar. We now have a no-kill shelter and fostering for when they are over crowded. I help the shelter and various pet rescue people when I can. If you have a pet that you have loved, you owe it to that pet who is ENTIRELY dependent upon you for it's life, to look into getting it a new home if you cannot keep it. But still people dump pets and think they are doing the right thing, or they are just lazy jerks and don't feel like going to the bother. People are the number one worst thing that pisses me off. I am mean and cranky and I always want to take "dumpers" out to the middle of no where and leave them with a pat on the head GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

And yeah, Lysergia, my littles are always very upset about lost or abandoned animals. we have big abandonment issues anyway. My littles are so sorry that you guys are upset and can't find the kitty and we hope that you find it because it deserves somebody nice like you to love it to love it.

Poor Kitty! Poor Lys! that had to suck sooo much. i can't stand seeing animals get hurt or abused either....i'd be in the same state you are (must save cat!! to the rescue!)

although i totally agree with SG....yelling at the guy like that was priceless. i'm sure he thought no one would see him or say anything, and instead he gets a crazy woman yelling "i see you!!" i hope he wet his pants in shock.

hehe... i didn't even think about my screaming being funny (um, cause it isn't the first time i've yelled at someone from my balcony ;) ). but it IS funny, heh. someone in here has a mouth way too big for this five foot three body :)

thanks for the sympathy, guys. still no kitty, but there are a lot of kind kitty folks around here who also might have found him/her. trying to be positive!

OH, this is too sad...The poor little baby must be so scared out there. I LOVE that you screamed at him, I would have done the same!!!

I have a cat and just love him to pieces. I can't imagine dumping any kind of pet like that. Some people truly are heartless.

Archived