CrazyBoards.org

Iam going freakin crazy!!! I swear, I was just diagnosed with Schizophrenia, after a long time of them not believing me when I thought I had it, and plus it runs in my family, but the voices and the hallicunations have gotten so bad, that I can barely think over the voices, and the hallicunations are driving me crazy..sometimes scaring the crap out of me,and most of the time just being down right overwhelming...I really dont know what to do about, I am trying to get ahold of my ob-gyn, and ask him if I can be put on an ap, bc even though Iam preggers, I can not deal with this not medicated!! I need them to stop!! I can barely even type with all this going on in my head, and around me...advice??? support??

;)

Iam going freakin crazy!!! I swear, I was just diagnosed with Schizophrenia, after a long time of them not believing me when I thought I had it, and plus it runs in my family, but the voices and the hallicunations have gotten so bad, that I can barely think over the voices, and the hallicunations are driving me crazy..sometimes scaring the crap out of me,and most of the time just being down right overwhelming...I really dont know what to do about, I am trying to get ahold of my ob-gyn, and ask him if I can be put on an ap, bc even though Iam preggers, I can not deal with this not medicated!! I need them to stop!! I can barely even type with all this going on in my head, and around me...advice??? support??

;)

Hi there,

The first thing you need to try and do is calm down. Whatever works for you. Seeing you ob-gyn is a good start but you really need to see a good psychiatrist quickly. He/she should understand your special needs being pregnant. There are several anti-psychotic medications which appear to be safe for pregnant women, but you need that professional advice.

As it sounds like an emergency, it might be best to find your local psychiatric hospital, or hospital with a ward in it - quickly, rather than having to wait to see a psychiatrist. Otherwise go to your primary care dr and explain the situation - he/she should be equipped to help you in the short term whilst you wait for a referral to a psychiatrist.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Chimp

Archived