CrazyBoards.org

does reading this board trigger anyone else?

i know this may be a dumb question....but i was away from this board for almost a year

i recently logged back in and after reading posts noticed that i feel even more like shit and a fuck up

is it because i can relate so well?

does this happen to anyone else?

I can see how this board may bring up thoughts and feelings you may be suppressing. Or as a reminder of how crappy a person can feel.

For me, I feel for every person on this board because I've been there. If I can show that I care, then I'm happy. Right now I'm in a decent place: well medicated, no huge trauma or drama of late, no real or imaginary problems, but I still find comfort in this board. It's usually when I am going along fat, dumb & happy thinking I'm fine and maybe my issues are over that I get blindsided. Also, this board gives me a sense of community and belonging, when I feel like I don't fit in anywhere. I learn a lot from this board, in terms of therapy types, med mgmt, and how different people's brain and diseases work. That stuff fascinates me.

If the board upsets you, then pick and choose what you read carefully. You may have to think about not reading other people's posts and just reading the responses to your posts. If it still upsets you, then unfortunately you may not be able to come here. You're completely wanted around here, but no one wants to see you more upset because of the board. Maybe being upset can make you understand what is going through your head more? Help you deal?

Welcome back BTW.

Also, this board gives me a sense of community and belonging, when I feel like I don't fit in anywhere. I learn a lot from this board, in terms of therapy types, med mgmt, and how different people's brain and diseases work. That stuff fascinates me.

It's not a stupid question at all-

I personally feel exactly the same way as supergwen (it feels like I could have written that quote above) but everyone is different and there's nothing surprising or wrong about having a hard time reading about this stuff. It could certainly bring up issues for you and now that you know that, you can watch yourself and protect yourself if need be. I would just be careful what you choose to read if you're in a vulnerable spot--if you need to take a vacation from reading most other posts and start only reading on your own thread for a while, that's okay too. We've all been at different spots in our lives before and we'll be here to support you if you need it--don't feel like you're obligated to read other posts because we're giving you feedback, we'd much rather you be safe.

I hope I made some sense,

meg

Archived