CrazyBoards.org

I had a bad case of akathisia from Navane (old AP) for two days about 2 weeks ago. Or maybe one week, I don't remember. Anyway, pdoc stopped the Navane right away, got me back on Seroquel. I've been completely exhausted, having pain in my legs, and feeling completely weak in the muscles. I feel like I've run a marathon and my muscles are like jelly.

pdoc says that it could be permanent muscle damage, but he doesn't think it is. He also said there is nothing to do to make it better, except drink a lot of water and exercise a little bit.

This is scaring the crap outta me. Has anybody else experienced this muscle weakness?

never due to meds... but often after a massive breakdown...

i found light yoga (basically just stretching several times a day) and slow, gentle walks helped the most. something that helped remind my body what it was supposed to be doing without stressing it at all.

i also tend to increase my potassium and magnesium (i take supplements) any time i ache and it tends to help.

and my favorite: hot bath with either sea salt or yarrow because the feel and smell of both calm me incredibly. i have found that stress keeps the pain and inability to make my muscles listen to me last longer... i don't think it makes it heal faster... but i certainly slow my healing down...

;)

abigail

never due to meds... but often after a massive breakdown...

i found light yoga (basically just stretching several times a day) and slow, gentle walks helped the most. something that helped remind my body what it was supposed to be doing without stressing it at all.

i also tend to increase my potassium and magnesium (i take supplements) any time i ache and it tends to help.

and my favorite: hot bath with either sea salt or yarrow because the feel and smell of both calm me incredibly. i have found that stress keeps the pain and inability to make my muscles listen to me last longer... i don't think it makes it heal faster... but i certainly slow my healing down...

;)

abigail

Those are great ideas, abigail.

Considering that I had a breakdown along with the akathisia, I think both have combined to create this horrid muscle weakness and pain. I have a "deck of cards" that has yoga stretching poses, and I have yet to do even one pose, so I guess it's time to start. I had been wondering about taking cal/magnesium, bottles of which I have sitting around here. I have bananas for potassium. I had turkey and dressing for supper, and somehow I feel better. Like right this moment, my arms are not aching as they have been. I know there's tryptophan in the turkey, but not sure what else. Maybe I'm turning the corner on this. I also took a long nap this afternoon. Just too tired to stay awake.

I tell ya what, mental illness is not for sissies.

Archived