CrazyBoards.org

Topamax - with Epival and frisium

Hi all,

Epival - 1500 mg

Frisium - 10mg - 20mg (depends on day)

Kinda getting tired of chunking up as a result of the damn epival however need it for seizures -  was wondering if anyone had success in using topamax as a replacement for epival.  I am already feeling like a zombie from the above so that wouldn't be new ;)   Have a neuro appointment next week and was going to see what he thought but also curious if anyone here has also been in the same spot.

Thanks

Hi all,

Epival - 1500 mg

Frisium - 10mg - 20mg (depends on day)

Kinda getting tired of chunking up as a result of the damn epival however need it for seizures -  was wondering if anyone had success in using topamax as a replacement for epival.  I am already feeling like a zombie from the above so that wouldn't be new ;)   Have a neuro appointment next week and was going to see what he thought but also curious if anyone here has also been in the same spot.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would these be temporal lobe seizures? Because Topamax hits the temporal lobes really hard.

See the Crazymeds Topamax page for details.

They are temporal lobe seizures.

As for the epival - the side effects are non-life threatening but they are such that I am continuously irritable, gain weight, extremely lethargic, poor memory  etc etc etc.  Have had lots of GI issues as well.  With all that being said the seizures are limited - not gone.  My desire I guess would be able to try something that would get me through the day without falling asleep on my desk or chewing someone's head off for no reason - maybe topamax isn't the one but there might be something better.  I was thinking yopomax in conjunction with FRISIUM may be a solution,  guess the neuro will let me know on the 19th.

Just thought I would pose the question

Archived