CrazyBoards.org

yearly appointments with lunacy?

I was thinking earlier, that for the last 5 years, between the last 3 days of march and the first three days of april, I generally have had a breakdown. I read that someone in the working thread also changed jobs every february. I'm wondering, does anyone else have bouts which come on like clockwork?

If I'm going to be hospitalized it's either going to be in the spring or the fall. I get extremely labile during those times. This year I've been ok, but next year I may not be. Fortunately I keep a psych plan in place - that way all my husband has to do is grab the folder and call the ambulance. *sigh*

For some reason I always get my breakdowns around birthdays. My family's birthdays are: Mine is Feb. 19, my annoying brother's is October 18, my dad's is June 13 and my mom's is May 5. I am currently having a major depressive episode and almost bad enough to go to the hospital and guess when this one started? Around May 5th! Last year I went into the hospital on my dad's and my brother's birthdays. On my birthday this year I almost went in to the hospital as well. The reason why is bad things usually happens around that time. This time it is because my mom is in the hospital for physical reasons. She almost died. During the time of my birthday several bad luck things happened. All the cars broke down, the dishwasher broke, flat tires, and my entire family came down with bronchitis. Other times there is no real reason it just happens. All this is just too weird. So, my breakdowns happen all throughout the year! How fun is that?

I'm wondering, does anyone else have bouts which come on like clockwork?

I have monthly cycles but I also have yearly cycles. My down time is September to October. I usually have serious mixed episodes, depression for the season changes (SAD), and overall uneasyness and turmoil.

It super great that you can identify when they come! This is very helpful when talking to the doctor and deciding what med to use.

I'm definitely sensitive to seasonal changes. Late March through early April brings on hypomania or, at least once, mania. October is when I begin to spiral into depression or a mixed episode (and it doesn't help that October contains the anniversary of a rather traumatic event that happened when I was 16). The (hypo)mania only lasts for a couple of weeks at most, but the depression will stick around until Spring unless I'm medicated and/or in therapy. I've had depressive or mixed episodes without any particular schedule, too, but I can count on the seasonal episodes.

Archived