just need some sympathy

What a creep!  Reminds me of an episode of "Sex and the City"  where Carrie's boyfriend breaks up with her on a post-it note.  You can and will do better!  We're here for you, Sulu

Dear Space:

I'll sing in this chorus.  I don't know what your MI issues are (and it doesn't matter) but this guy has SERIOUS problems and you don't need to be around that.

Love should heal:  it shouldn't rip you to pieces.

my opinion-

olga

Please tell that jerk GOODBYE!! Those rollercoaster relationships can be "fun" (in a totally fucked up sort of way), but you need and deserve so much better. Not just from a mate, but from yourself. I'm really sorry, I that crap really hurts. Been there, know the agony. It's all fun and games 'til someone puts an eye out. Now is the time to save your other eye. Thinking of you. SP

You REALLY don't want me to put my two cents worth on this, my dear, considering how much I hate men these days.  So, just listen to what everyone else said.  I really do feel for you.  No one wants to be lonely.  No one wants to break up with someone.  I hate being lonely, but I'd rather be lonely than to be with some jerk.

Elizabeth

Okay, so I lied, I will put my two cents worth, dump the fucker!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, not QUITE a record for Dumping In Bad Taste, but definatley a new low in sadistic lowlife behavior!

What an *bubbles the chimp*! Total Emotional Fuckwittage. Burn anything he left behind unless its valuable, then PAWN it!

Disinfect everything he touched. Wash all your sheets and clothing in salt water to get rid of the psychic stink.

Then go slash his tires. Sometimes, retribution is the way to go. I guarantee you'll feel better afterward, even if you DO get arrested.

[being with him was such a significant experience for me, he affected me in ways no one had ever done, and I thought that even if we could not be together, I would always have that to treasure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You will. Him being a fooking prick at the end doesn't have to negate every good thing you guys had. All you have to do (easy for me to say) is separate the good you had with him from the flaming car wreck he turned into at the end.

Bear with me here (or go on and flame me, it's ok), I'm reading a book that talks about this. I'll try not to get all touchy-feely-new-agey on you here.

This book says (you've heard this before, I'm sure) that everything that happens to us teaches us something. We all come here to learn different things, and we can't learn them just sitting around being happy, anymore than we can learn them just by having people tell us stuff (just like history repeats itself). I won't presume to know what all the bad--and good--that you had with this guy is supposed to teach you, but the fact that you are thinking back on all that good stuff says that there was some benefit there.

The book also suggests that people come into our lives so we can teach each other something that we need to learn (painful, happy, whatever), and once that's been done, we move apart. So you and this guy gave each other good things, learned from one another, even his turning into a nutjob taught you something, and now you guys will move apart from each other, enriched in some way from all this. If nothing else, you've seen all you're capable of when you're in love.

And don't forget about karma--he'll get his well-deserved ass-kicking for this.

Awright, I hope this wasn't too treacly and annoying, and gives you something to think about with all the pain you've got now. And I hope you feel better.

Archived