CrazyBoards.org

I thought if I made sure to eat with my meds that it would help the nausea- but now i get it even before i take my meds in the evening. I feel like i'm getting hot flashes and chills too.

Am I nuts or has this happened for others- and what helped? ( i'm only up to 50 mg.)

I feel awful- on the edge of puking and trying so hard not to.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought if I made sure to eat with my meds that it would help the nausea- but now i get it even before i take my meds in the evening. I feel like i'm getting hot flashes and chills too.

Am I nuts or has this happened for others- and what helped? ( i'm only up to 50 mg.)

I feel awful- on the edge of puking and trying so hard not to.

MrsLoony;

I have no info for you as i am just considering Lamictal to add to my new AD med of 1 week, EMSAM PATCH, if it helps, or just using lamictal alone for my Unipolar Depression. Saw that you received no reply and want to check to see how you are doing and if you were able to stick with it? If so, please tell all about it, and if not...was the nausea the reason you opted out?

Hope you are doing better now!

scp

I was only on Lamictal for a few months before I got "the rash" and had to come off. I ran into lousy nausea and vomiting as I went up on doses and the only thing that helped was potatoe chips. It sounds really weird I know but there is something about the potatoe and salt that absorbs excess stomach acids and quiets the nausea. Don't eat tons of them, just 2 small bags. After much experimenting, I found that Wise worked best. I bag about 1/2 an hour befor you take your dose and 1 bag about 1/2 an hour after. It works for all kinds of nausea, not just med induced. Good luck and feel better.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on Lamictal too, im still starting it off at 25 mg but i still have bad nausea and dizzyness, i ate potatoe chips today... and surprisingly it helped, it wasnt as it was instructed, but i ate a few and felt better, :S i was surprised it worked. I cant eat before i go to bed (thats when i take my meds) so i decided to eat the chips after i started feeling kinda sick... it really helped so i say try what mitten said, it helps...

• 1 month later...

Archived