CrazyBoards.org

Urges

Guest Guest_pawnshopbassist_*

I've been having urges to do solvents tonight, after over two years clean. I don't know why tonight, it seems like my self-destructive urge has just rocketed and I'm desperate to get off my face. I'm trying to distract myself with the internet and MSN but I don't know how long I can hold out. I'm alone till 11 (I'm almost never alone) and I just want to get blasted. It's scaring me a little; I thought I was past this. I guess old habits die hard.

hey,

first of all, congratulations on your being clean for so long-- give yourself some credit and try and be proud of yourself for doing such a good (and HARD) thing for yourself. good luck tonight, I'm sure you can make it through.

is there anything else you can do to distract yourself? go for a walk, call an old friend, get out of the house even if it's just wandering through the greeting card isle of the pharm. and buying birthday cards for the next few months, find a book that you haven't read in forever and reaquaint yourself with it, cook yourself dinner, take a nice shower change the sheets on your bed and tuck in early for the night, you know? just things off the top of my head. I think that just getting yourself out of the setting in which you are having urges might help you get through until they stop (and they will.)

goodluck, post here if you need to get anything out!

meg

Archived