CrazyBoards.org

hi all--

I've been having this thing the past couple weeks, a rising sensation in my stomach, with some nausea. It always comes in the mornings and can last through the early afternoon. I know this is part of a seizure aura (as well as one of a migraine). I haven't had the headache (yet), though.

I figure it's one of the 3 (in descending order of probability):

1) My stomach itself acting up due to my systemic/CNS infection (I'll report back if I actually toss my cookies; that's a sure sign that it's the infection).

2) A migraine aura, without the migraine itself (I generally get 1-2 migraine headaches a year, and they have the classical bright shiny lights aura).

3) A pre-ictal/seizure aura, the theoretical epilepsy potentially caused by my brain damage the past 2 years, or by meds, or maybe it just spontaneously came about for the hell of it. Though, as far as I know, my epigastric sensation hasn't been followed by a seizure (yet).

anyways, if anybody has input, that's appreciated.

Ooooor, future date with epilepsy or upcoming migraine, perhaps anxiety or just an overdue med adjustment or an infection or...?

I'm a big help, aint I?

Cereally, though, the epigastric rising shit is how the Epi. fun all started w/me, or at least, that's what should have told me something was amiss with the old noggin. The "punch in the stomach" followed by the rising sensation, then nausea, then my left hand and arm would start to twitch.

It only lasted maybe 30 seconds, though, not all morning, like your tummy sensation is doin', and I'd be all, WhaFa is UP? And when I think back, it occurred when I was going thru an insomnia stage. Sleep deprivation is a major seizure trigger.

Oh--p.s. I see you're taking Lamictal. I was on Lamictal for a year, 450mgs. and I got nauseous A Lot, as well as essential tremors, insomnia and for the first time in my life...migraines. And it didn't do much for stopping my simple partials. Drug from hell. That's why my new neuro. removed it from my feedbag. Perhaps that's what's causing your discomfort?

AM--

Anxiety is definitely something I should consider, although this is the first time I'd be unconsciously somatosizing it via nausea. Normally, when I'm anxious, I feel a sharp, stabbing and burning pain from the bottom of my back up towards my heart. This is bad, since it makes me unnecessarily anxious about having an aortic dissection, since the pain feels much like one (the main killer of people like me with connective tissue disorders). (n.B. - It's sort of like an aneurysm, without the warning signs that accompany most aneurysms.)

Of course, when I get anxious about what the pain is, that doesn't make it any better.

Though, I guess your explanation might make sense now, given that I've been prone to random bouts of

Replying to my own post as an update:

Regardless of the cause... I took a Remeron ODT (I realized, I keep one of them in my wallet for the exact same reason) and it seems to be to the point where it's tolerable.

I was having congestion issues on... err, well the other end of my system until late this morning, so that probably didn't help out either.

Anyways, thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

Hey? How you doin?

Is your tummy better....

Your anxiety lessened...

I hope so.

Just checking in.

My name isn't DumDum.

It's Sheila.

hey there-- thanks for checking up on me.

Having terrible heartburn the past couple days... I think my GI system just decided to begin a period of dysmotility. But, the nausea (and me having to stay within 500 feet of the nearest toilet) is largely gone.

I could easily see where any anxiety would be coming from, too... given that my father's going to be in town by tomorrow evening to help me move out, and I'm leaving the 20th and have a 700 mile drive. And, the 23rd, I'm flying cross-country and staying the week for a friend's wedding.

And oh yes, when I return from that, I'll get to spend two months in the same house as my parents, since they're (probably rightfully) in no mood to help me pay for summer's rent on an apartment if I won't be taking classes during the summer (I don't start my "fifth year senior" studies until August). More on the impending thermonuclear war in a separate thread.

So yeah, we are definitely not ruling out anxiety now!

Hell, I'm all anxious now after reading your post. Could your stomach woes be attributed to IBS as well? I know my plumbing goes haywire when I've got too much shit on my plate (so to speak.)

Hell, I'm all anxious now after reading your post. Could your stomach woes be attributed to IBS as well? I know my plumbing goes haywire when I've got too much shit on my plate (so to speak.)

I guess I do fit all the clinical criteria for IBS, though mine is of the "alternating" pattern, and I'm not sure there are good medicinal treatments for that. The reason for my esophagus getting partially paralyzed, the docs feel, is due to the brain damage and is likely permanent, given that I've had it for a few years. (The abnormality that they saw on the film studies was that my esophagus wouldn't move anything downwards in any hurry.)

I think the problems on the uh... other end might be amenable to some sort of treatment, though. I'll look into that issue after I move**, thanks for the heads-up.

**[EDIT: n.B. - that wasn't a pun.]

Archived