CrazyBoards.org

Klonopin has pooped out on me

Guest Guest_JooolzRooolz_*

Guest Guest_JooolzRooolz_*

Alright, I realize there are about 59604069840 posts about klonopin and what to take if it poops out on you but i'm asking again because I don't feel like reading all the other posts. Here is my dilema. I quit my meds. I tapered off slowly and carefully and i've been med free for a few months. I am still diagnosed as bipolar but i've felt a million times better without the meds. NOw because of life circumstaces my anxiety level is THROUGH THE ROOF. I took two of my left over 1mg klonies today to see if they acutally work. So even after months of not taking them I got nothing. Is there something stronger or different I can try that will help me with this? I don't want to take the stuff regularly, just when i need it.

• 1 month later...

Alright, I realize there are about 59604069840 posts about klonopin and what to take if it poops out on you but i'm asking again because I don't feel like reading all the other posts. Here is my dilema. I quit my meds. I tapered off slowly and carefully and i've been med free for a few months. I am still diagnosed as bipolar but i've felt a million times better without the meds. NOw because of life circumstaces my anxiety level is THROUGH THE ROOF. I took two of my left over 1mg klonies today to see if they acutally work. So even after months of not taking them I got nothing. Is there something stronger or different I can try that will help me with this? I don't want to take the stuff regularly, just when i need it.

As a PRN medication, xanax is probably the strongest and most effective. It is also highly addictive which is why I emphasise the PRN. Other options include atvian (similiar to xanax but not as strong) and valium (which is more similar to klonopin).

Talk to your dr about xanax or xanax xr.

I have been taking klonopin .5mg. for over 2 years. 3 x's a day. It doesn't give me a "high" or really relaxed feeling, just keeps the anxiety and panic attacks at bay. Maybe it's working and you don't know it. Does it relieve your anxiety? If not, maybe you should talk to pdoc. There are other, stronger alternatives to benzos, like seroquel or something that you can take prn. You want to be careful going up on really hgh doses of benzos because they can cause cognitive impairment, depression and CRS. At least that is what my pdoc said.

I hate Klonopin--have to take at least one a day or in a few days my skin is crawling--but they do nothing for me. Xanax is evil, evil--I had withdrawals after taking them for 3 days then missing a day--real, hard-core withdrawal.

So--not much else I can do, I guess. Just have a really high tolerance for the shit--ah, to be a cheap high again--

May valium, but I am realy afraid of the withdrawal for that--

I just want to not be so anxious, to mellow out when needed.

its not to be, apparently--

china--she of the HUGE tolerances for almost all psych. meds. Sigh--

Here is a link for benzo equivalencies. It is also pinned at the top of this forum. Good luck. Of course this is a discussion you should have with your pdoc.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm

a.m.

thanks for that link, am - I found out that I am on 3 different benzos!

Klonopin for me is about the same as mel & tom

I take it for the anxiety & to help sleep

I only have .5 so if I take 2 along with the restoril

I can get a pretty good night's sleep

But as the others said - you really need to talk to your doc

Good luck!

Archived