CrazyBoards.org

Ambien Generic-not working as well?

Guest Guest_jen5276_*

Guest Guest_jen5276_*

Hey guys!

I know everyone is aware that there is now a generic Ambien out....I just filled my prescription for it about a week ago, and have been taking it for the last 3 nights, and I notice it's definitley not working as well as the name brand Ambien...

I find it takes me longer to fall asleep, and I wake up earlier than normal and have a difficult time falling back asleep. This never happened with the name brand version, and I have been taking it for over 2 years with no problems...

UGH! What now? Maybe I should give Lunesta another shot...

Anyone find this happening to them?

if it truly is not working well you can usually have your doctor fill out a form for your insurance stating that you need to take the brand, and your insurance will once again cover the brand. also, amben cr is still only available in brand, you may want to consider trying that instead.

• 3 months later...
Guest austinsleepy

Hey guys!

I know everyone is aware that there is now a generic Ambien out....I just filled my prescription for it about a week ago, and have been taking it for the last 3 nights, and I notice it's definitley not working as well as the name brand Ambien...

I find it takes me longer to fall asleep, and I wake up earlier than normal and have a difficult time falling back asleep. This never happened with the name brand version, and I have been taking it for over 2 years with no problems...

UGH! What now? Maybe I should give Lunesta another shot...

Anyone find this happening to them?

Ask your pharmacy if the generic is available from a different manufacturer. There are at least six of them. I've tried two different generics and they work the same for me (and about the same as the brand), but one of them doesn't work for my b/f. If they don't carry the generic from more than one manufacturer, you can also try a different pharmacy - they might be using a different one.

I love Ambien CR, but even though I've got pretty good prescription coverage, I feel guilty getting it instead of the generic Ambien because the generic costs less than $7 and the brand is over $100 (with a $30 co-pay). So I get samples of the CR from my pdoc and save them for times when the insomnia is particularly bad.

Archived