CrazyBoards.org

I tapered down and quit Seroquel. Two days free now and I feel like I have been hit by a mac truck and of course I can't sleep. I am waiting to hear back from pdoc. I am hoping to try Rozerem because the hypnotics don't work for me. This withdrawl is worse than coming off Oxycontin. Has anyone else experienced this?

Next question. If I continue with diet an exercise, how soon will I begin to see results? I was continuing to gain on Seroquel (5 pounds a month) despite a healthy routine. I am quite certain I have the beginnings of metabolic syndrome. My waist circumference being sooooo out of proportion to the rest of my body is a sign. I am now 60 pounds over weight. ;)

I tapered down and quit Seroquel. Two days free now and I feel like I have been hit by a mac truck and of course I can't sleep. I am waiting to hear back from pdoc. I am hoping to try Rozerem because the hypnotics don't work for me. This withdrawl is worse than coming off Oxycontin. Has anyone else experienced this?

Next question. If I continue with diet an exercise, how soon will I begin to see results? I was continuing to gain on Seroquel (5 pounds a month) despite a healthy routine. I am quite certain I have the beginnings of metabolic syndrome. My waist circumference being sooooo out of proportion to the rest of my body is a sign. I am now 60 pounds over weight. ;)

It will take some time for the seroquel to wash out of your system. As for the metabolic weight gain - it could take quite a while too. I am in a similar position having switched from seroquel to abilify recently. I was on seroquel for around 18 months and gained around 80 pounds. Im losing it very slowly....

My pdoc told me to stay on 25 a bit longer, then half it to 12.5 since I was feeling so rotten. I feel like I will never get off this shit!!! It's like crack!! ;)

Good luck chimp. I'm glad to hear the weight is slowly coming off for you, although quickly would be nicer.

From my experience, it takes the body about a week and a half to two weeks to adjust to a lowered dose of Seroquel. I have not tried to discontinue it entirely, but have lowered my dose by 25mg several times. It sucks - 10 to 14 days of extreme depression and general un-balanced-ness during the adjustment. I couldn't work during that time.

Try to eat healthily and exercise while your body is adjusting.

It's a cakewalk as compared to coming off Paxil, tho!

From my experience, it takes the body about a week and a half to two weeks to adjust to a lowered dose of Seroquel. I have not tried to discontinue it entirely, but have lowered my dose by 25mg several times. It sucks - 10 to 14 days of extreme depression and general un-balanced-ness during the adjustment. I couldn't work during that time.

Try to eat healthily and exercise while your body is adjusting.

It's a cakewalk as compared to coming off Paxil, tho!

True, not as bad as Effexor withdrawl either, but I don't do well on no sleep. It makes everything worse. Back on 25 mg I feel fine again but am afraid I will be obese forever. I just had a little crying tantrum about that. Now I'm going to hop on my exercise bike for what it's worth. ;)

Archived