CrazyBoards.org

Possilbe Last Family Get Together

scarlet_faery

Well, I suppose I should be getting ready to do the family thing today.  I was looking forward to it, now I'm not.  I have to remember to put on a happy face.  I hate doing that.  It's a good thing I can act.  We're also having a family crisis too.  My uncle is going to be having heart surgery sometime this week and we're all walking on eggshells over this.  If this doesn't help him, I don't know.  My mom's twin sister, is beside herself.  She's depressed, which I don't blame her one bit.  My uncle is bascially knocking on death's door.  So the whole family is trying to do things to keep our minds occupied.  This has been ongoing for well over a year now and no one knows what to do or what to say around my uncle.  So I'm sure today will be not a day of "Yay! it's a happy day of cook outs!"  For all we know, this might very well be the last day we spend with my uncle. 

Sometime this week, we'll be taking him down to Geisinger Medicial Center to have heart surgery.  This could very be his last surgery or it could actually help him.  We're all unsure.  No one knows for sure what's going on.  We all feel that he may not make it.  I know, that's not positive thinking, but the poor man has been suffering big time for over a year now, and let me tell you, he's the kind of man that if you were a doctor, you wouldn't WANT to deal with him.  If he makes it through the surgery, he has already stated that he will not sit in the hosptial and linger around to die.  Can't say I don't blame him.  But he's making my aunt and cousin more miserable that you can imagine.  My aunt is like a second mother to me and my cousin is more like my brother because of how we were all raised so closely together.  I just don't know what to do.  My uncle and I have had a falling out so I'm kinda leary of being around him.

I guess, what I'm saying is keep him in your thoughts, keep our family in your thoughts and I'll let you know how things go.

I'm not sure why I decided to post this.  Maybe because, even though my uncle and I don't really get along, I do love him and I worry about this surgery.  I am worried mainly for my aunt and cousin because if something happens to my uncle, they'll be in a situation that won't be pretty.  And I certainly don't want to see that.

Thanks everyone!

Elizabeth

Archived