CrazyBoards.org

hello! i recently did some neurological testing for my absent-mindedness and confusion.

they told me that what i am experiencing is from depression and anxiety.

i am trying to figure out if maybe i am depressed. i am not sad or crying. i do have passing moments of wanting to just die.

also, i have no energy ever to do anything. i have no focus or concentration. kind of just blah. yet, not feeling terribly depressed. been there.

can it just be a constant state?

i think i am going to up my wellbutrin to 300mg.

thank you in advance!

kathy

Well, there is a condition called dysthymia (meaning feeling sorta crappy all the time). From my experiences, it is just as tiring as it is depressing.

It can also be overlaid with episodes of MDD, and this is known as "double depression"... there's a discussion on DD elsewhere on this subforum.

wow. i am so glad i asked my question.

i fit dysthymia to a tee.

i have never felt really good about myself and i feel like crap all of the time. my energy levels are low, can't concentrate, i overeat, can't sleep and have low self-esteem. all the time! since forever!

feels like a lightbulb going on!

thank you!

kathy

oh, any specific treatment i should seek out?

yeah, before i even read herr's reply i was thinking DYSTHYMIA. my ex husband had double depression. it seems like you two have a lot of the same symptoms.

my first DX was double depression, before i started the manias. manias don't come around too often, but when they do, watch out! ;)

i'm in the middle of cleaning my house. just thought i'd pop in-

loon

Hey, I'm the one that stared the post on Double Depression. I feel better since it is identified. I kept hoping for the depression cloud to lift and go somewhere. But, it doesn't move much. My pdoc said meds can only do so much so I need counseling for dysthymia. I just started in Jan. this year. I haven't been in counseling for almost 3 years. After you go for so long, I just get tired of it. Sometime it doesn't seem like you accomplish much. But this time around it seems I am making progress.

Archived