CrazyBoards.org

I need internet distancing!

Bernard

I'm in current argument about the cervical cancer vaccine on another board. People are SO narrow minded and SO arrogant in their opinions. Fuck! Grrrrrr! I need to distance myself from the internet before I caps lock to the max at their dumb arses!!

grrr! ;)

Thanks for the vent.

Bern :)

What's your opinion on the vaccine? I think it sounds dangerous.

I actually don't have a problem with it. I also think that girls should all be given the choice to be vaccinated and that refusing the vacicne on religious grounds is a bit silly.

I mean, I know it is a new vaccine but it has been tested extensively and teh only way to perfect or better modern medicine is to use it. Who knows - from this cures for cancer may develop. You know, I think we need to be open.

Anyway, I'm calmer now. Kind of ;)

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Bern

Hi,

I agree with you bern.

plus, religion or not...these girls are eventually gonna have sex. unless they marry God and become nuns.

db

Yeah DB! That was my argument on the other board and I got shot down in flames about how wrong pre-marital sex is. Gah! Like somehow vaccinating against cancer equals pre-marital sex?! wtf? 1. It doesn't; 2. It's just sex, CHILL OUT!!

Sometimes I think people have the whole God-Christianity thing so so screwed up. It makes me sad and angry all at once.

Gah. Am I ranting again? Maybe. Oops.

;) Bern

Yeah DB! That was my argument on the other board and I got shot down in flames about how wrong pre-marital sex is. Gah! Like somehow vaccinating against cancer equals pre-marital sex?! wtf? 1. It doesn't; 2. It's just sex, CHILL OUT!!

Sometimes I think people have the whole God-Christianity thing so so screwed up. It makes me sad and angry all at once.

I like to start my prayers this way:

Lord, please protect me from Your followers.

There's a lot of controversy about vaccinating dogs these days, so I guess I'm leery of vaccinations, period. I know they can do a lot of good, but it seems they can do a lot of harm as well in terms of longterm overall health. A vet named Pitcairn writes about it in his book, Natural Health for Dogs and Cats. I know we're talking about humans here, but I think there are possible parallels. I mean, wouldn't it be healthier and safer to just use condoms (on people, not dogs)? That protects from all std's, not just one.

It was long thought that condoms did not provide protection against HPV, but the Mayo clinic recently did a news release about a study that shows they help a lot to prevent transmission of the virus:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hpv/WO00121

Tommy

That's interesting (and encouraging) to see.

Though, my question is, how could condoms not afford a significant degree of protection against HPV? It looks like the long-lived assumption was probably some old wives' tale designed to keep their daughters virgins. I'm a bit out of the loop here when it comes to sexual folklore, so if you (or anybody here) has a bit on that, it'd be interesting to hear.

[n.B. - I guess I could see how condoms would afford less protection against HPV, compared to their protection against other STDs. Probably has to do with HPV's affinity for the cervix walls.]

Archived