CrazyBoards.org

Hey you all, I just got put on zyprexa, yesterday, andiam supposed to take 5 mg at night, and if it is tolerable take 10 mg the next day, and then if symptoms still there, continue to 15 mg. have any of you been on it?? reason iam a little scared to be taking it, is bc Iam pregnant, but Iam more scared of being pregnant any longer without meds, bc my schizophrenia, has been super bad, so Iam kinda outweighing the risks to my baby with me being untreated in my eyes right now is higher than the small risk I was told that zyprexa can have on my baby!! I just wanted to know has anyone had good experiences on zyprexa, getting rid of the hallicunations and voices, that come with schizophrenia, and also if any of you have taken it while pregnant..thanks so much!! in advance.

Hi. I took Zyprexa for a little while for anxiety, insomnia and depression. It helped all three. I just felt calmer all the time. I took 5mg at night but I once took 20mg because I wanted to sleep and I slept for about 24 hours lol so it's pretty sedating. Good luck.

It didn't help with any of my at the time 'diagnosed' schizophrenic symptoms, it just sedated me enough to keep me from harming myself or anyone else. It might work well for you, it's all horses for courses with meds.

Taking the Zyprexa is not just a matter of making you feel better. Study after study has shown that mothers with untreated MI have more complications and the babies are less healthy at birth. When your mind is well, your body is healthier and so is your baby. Trust your doctor. He wouldn't give you meds that are dangerous for your baby.

best, a.m.

UPDATE::

...He put me on zyprexa, to start off at 5 mg, to up to 10 mg, then to 15, but the first day I took it made me have really bad da, and made me so hot, I couldnt breathe and I couldnt cool down, and put me in such extreme pain, and those werent even listed as side effects, so I thought it best, for me and the baby to not go up to 10 mg, just quit altogether, which you can do,after being on it for only 1 day! so i did. I see him next friday and probably going to be put on something else

Archived