CrazyBoards.org

Prior to yesterday I was on 40mgs of Abilify, 300mgs of Topamax, 90mgs of Cymbalta, and 50mgs of Seroquel.

But I stopped sleeping through the night about a week and a half ago. When I stop sleeping I very quickly go irritable and then psychotic. So Thursday night on my own and without any medical advising I took 400mgs of seroquel. I know this was a bad idea but I felt like I needed to sleep. Even with that much seroquel in my system I still did not sleep through the night.

I called my psychiatirst first thing Friday morning and they got me in on an emergency basis. After getting a stern talking to about not overdosing my psychiatrist decided to leave all of my meds alone except my seroquel which she increased from 50mgs to 600mgs at night.

I took the increased dose last night. I feel okay today. I slept through the night finally. But I was telling someone what I'm on and they said that I should never be on such high dosages of two atypicals at the same time.

Does anyone knwo if this is true and if so what is the reasoning behind it?

Thanks!

Prior to yesterday I was on 40mgs of Abilify, 300mgs of Topamax, 90mgs of Cymbalta, and 50mgs of Seroquel.

But I stopped sleeping through the night about a week and a half ago. When I stop sleeping I very quickly go irritable and then psychotic. So Thursday night on my own and without any medical advising I took 400mgs of seroquel. I know this was a bad idea but I felt like I needed to sleep. Even with that much seroquel in my system I still did not sleep through the night.

I called my psychiatirst first thing Friday morning and they got me in on an emergency basis. After getting a stern talking to about not overdosing my psychiatrist decided to leave all of my meds alone except my seroquel which she increased from 50mgs to 600mgs at night.

I took the increased dose last night. I feel okay today. I slept through the night finally. But I was telling someone what I'm on and they said that I should never be on such high dosages of two atypicals at the same time.

Does anyone knwo if this is true and if so what is the reasoning behind it?

Thanks!

There are no steadfast rules about this. FYI 30mg abilify is the equivalent of about 300mg seroquel. I personally am on 90mg of abilify. It is becoming increasingly common to prescribe higher doses of abilify - ie above 30mg.

So aggregated you are probably on the equivalent of about 1000mg seroquel. I was previously on 1500mg, so your total dosage is not too scary. You feel okay today. That is a positive sign!

Archived