CrazyBoards.org

coming off of Ritlan

I just started yesterday with a trial run on Ritalin for ADD/ADHD. The dr. wrote the script for 10 mg. pill 3 times a day. I have only taken 2 each day. When the second pill starts going out of my system, I get so depressed. I have done some reading on the net about this. It is really a deep depression. Of course, I have only done it 2 days, but today was worse than yesterday. Anyone else have this problem?

that's the minimal starting dose for an adult.

Some rebound when it wears off isn't uncommon but that sorta backwards for when you do take it.

Standard short acting Ritalin only lasts about 3 hours so you really do want to take it three times a day. Are you sure it's not the first dose wearing off that you're feeling?

I'm not sure of anything right now. I do feel much more focused. I tried to read and see how far apart to take the pills. The doctor did not tell me how to do it. I have read that each person is different on how long it lasts in your body.

If you are having any rebound effects you want to take it before that. Ie, if you crash at 4 hours take the next dose at 3.5 hours. It will be more pronounced once you're on a larger dose, and I assume you're going to be going up and/or switching to a sustained release formulation.

I don't notice anything between the first and second pill. I took them 4 hours apart. When it happens, it is about 4 hours after I have taken the second pill. Yes, I hope we will move to a time released pill. I went to the dr. on May 25th and I have a return appointment on June 23.

• 1 year later...

Because some children have problems that aren't fixed by fresh air. [not all, which is why not all children should be non medication]

If your child gets sick, do you tell them to suck it up?

...and btw, read the thread before you make a comment that is totally unrelated.

• 3 weeks later...

why do people have to put their children on medication. get your kids into the fresh air and let them burn the energy off

LMAO! :);) S/he obviously didn't even read the first post.

Can there possibly be a better example of ignorance?

Archived