CrazyBoards.org

Looking like SI

After working at a Flower Festival yesterday and moving about a thousand roses, I really look like I've been cutting severely on the outside of my forearms, where I have about a dozen deep parallel cuts from the rose thorns. Two weeks ago I had the same kind of deep cuts on the insides of both forearms from digging up agave plants and potting them. It brings back memories of when I used to cut as a young teen, some (well, almost 40) years ago in junior high school. I wonder if I should wear long sleeves when I next see my tdoc or pdoc.

Tommy

After working at a Flower Festival yesterday and moving about a thousand roses, I really look like I've been cutting severely on the outside of my forearms, where I have about a dozen deep parallel cuts from the rose thorns. Two weeks ago I had the same kind of deep cuts on the insides of both forearms from digging up agave plants and potting them. It brings back memories of when I used to cut as a young teen, some (well, almost 40) years ago in junior high school. I wonder if I should wear long sleeves when I next see my tdoc or pdoc.

Tommy

if it's something that you think you have completely under control and you don't think that you'll ever cut again (sounds like it's way behind you and you're keeping it there) so this won't trigger you in any way, then I don't think there's any reason to have it be a topic of discussion with your pdoc and you might just wear long sleeves to make sure that you talk about what you *need* to talk about rather than having them distracted by the cuts. I do think that talking to you tdoc about how it's bringing back memories and what that's like for you would be a good thing. You probably don't even need to *show* her the cuts because it's not about them physically, so you could wear a longsleeve shirt if you want to and then bring it up on your own time. Hope that helps a bit, get thee some neosporin,

meg

meq,

I am using neosporin and probably will wear long sleeves if the cuts haven't healed yet. My arms are so covered with scars that a few more won't be noticeable.

Thanks,

Tommy

Archived