CrazyBoards.org

Hi gettin' there,

Ive been on Invega since January. I really like it.

I thought that since it is related to risperdal, that being on invega would be like being on risperdal, but it isnt.

I dont have nearly as many side effects and I havent gained any weight.

But some of the S/E id do have are,

pain in the joints of the feet. With R it used to be in my knees.

lactation. Symetrel? Or bust.

Since Ive been on it so long, I dont remember any specific s/e assosicated with starting it. Also, I was weaning of of Consta, so that may be why I dont remember any initial s/e.

I dont know. I know its not for everyone. But I really like it.

Selene

• 1 month later...

I am on Invega 6 mgs and used to be on Abilify 30 mgs. For awhile I was on both of them at the same time and it gave me major problems. I had seizures because of the interaction between the two medicines. It also increased my panic attacks. I don't hallucinate anymore because of the Invega. I am no longer on Abilify. Today is the first day without the Abilify. So far so good. I don't know much about it because I've only been on Invega for a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Invega put 16 lbs of weight on me in 12 days! WTF? Like I ain't fat already. Worst pitting edema ever. Been off three weeks and water is going away. Not a answer to it effect but that water scared me and is kinda painful somehow. I noticed you are in Atl. I am right down the road, those Pharm reps are really pushing this one for some reason.

As I put in another post but I'll put here also-- this one caused me to have ACUTE URINARY RETENTION. As in I had to be catherized for five days while I waited for the drug to clear my system. I called the drug company yesterday and reported this new side effect and they said they will be doing testing to see if this drug is safe to even stay on the market.

Archived