CrazyBoards.org

Ambien CR-Any reviews?

Hello everyone,

My old regular Ambien is no longer working. Since they have switched it over to generic, it just isn't effective anymore. Really sux.

Anyhows, I was looking for any reviews on this Ambien CR, which SOUNDS like just what I need, because lately I have been experiencing early awakenings. Last night, I woke up at 3AM and could not get back to sleep no matter what I did. When taking the BRAND NAME Ambien, I never had this problem and I was taking it for over 2 years.

I made an appointment next week to talk to my doctor about it as Penney advised me on another topic that maybe I could have him put in a request for my insurance company to give me the brand name again. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

TIA for any advice.

If your doctor puts "DAW" (dispense as written) on the prescription, then the pharmacy is required to give you the brand formula and not the generic and your insurance shouldn't give you a hard time about it. The amount of active ingredient in generic formulas can vary by up to 10% per FDA standards.

I haven't tried the generic yet myself, but my s/o has and he swears it's not working as good, either.

As far as the CR goes, I'm liking it better than the immediate release, even though sleep onset is my problem (once I'm asleep, I have no trouble staying asleep and even if I wake up, I rarely have trouble falling back asleep). What I'm liking about it is that I oddly don't seem to be as groggy in the morning. I say "oddly" because because of the way it's released, you'd think the opposite would be the case.

Archived