CrazyBoards.org

Texas Mother Murder/Suicide

Considering that post-partum depression may have played a part and that supposedly her husband left her and wasn't providing any support whatsoever, all that added up together...I can see that happening. When you're already crazy and not getting any help for it and then everything falls apart on you, I just can't judge someone for that.

It's sad.

Hi,

this is something i am terrified about.

hopefully i will have support from parents (although i have issues w/ dad - at least he can hold a baby), alex, and the rest of our families.

and keep taking my meds. and i get to take more lithium!!! whoo hoo.

hopefully this stops any post-natal mental issues and i'll just have my regular form of crazy that is far far far away from suicide and/or homicide.

db

Hi All:

I had a regular pdoc appt on wed and we discussed this news issue.

pdoc reminded me that the texas woman's case was completely different than my own. and that i have a lot of support and take my meds as rx'd. plus, once baby is out i can start lithium which will hopefully make me feel more calm - as it has done in the past.

i worry about stuff too much. whats new, right?

db

I can not judge her. I just find it terribly terribly sad.

What is it about Texas that makes women murder their kids????

I have family just up from Austin

Did the little one survive?

That is what I'm wondering...what is going on with Texas? Is it something in the water?

I live in Texas, and with this being like the 3rd one from the lone star state, people may start to wonder.

But yeah. It is sad. And it doesn't make sense. But who knows how her logic was functioning at the time, maybe it made sense to her for whatever reason.

Seems like we need to do something to improve the mental health system around here...

Archived