CrazyBoards.org

Actually, what I'd like to do is take the bottle and shove it up the nurse practitioners ass. I am NEVER irritable and grumpy and pissy and angry. It's just not me. But since the lithium, I am a raging maniac. I yelled at a guy on the television because he was chewing like a pig. I yelled when I spilled a glob of mayonaisse on the kitchen floor. All sorts of little silly things are making me unbelievably angry.

Also, I feel like I've drank a glass of sea water, my appetite has increased, I've gained weight and my hands are shaking. My foot was even shaking as I was sitting at a red light with it on the brake pedal.

That's it. I want off. I see NP today. I want my Lamictal back. It kept me stable, along with Wellbutrin, for a year and a half. How about we add back the Lamictal and increase the Wellbutrin? DUH!!! I'd try Topomax for the weight loss benefits, but I am afraid of being turned into an idiot.

I've never heard of Lithium increasing irritability. Leave it to me!

What is your blood level? Sometimes lower levels work just as well (even though it doesn't sound like it's working at all...) with way less side effects. I don't know. I would get that tested before completely giving up.

I think lithium is making me more irritable as well, but I can deal with it. It's just a matter of other people being able to deal with it. Heh.

I'm off the Lithium. Yay! He put me back on Lamictal, but I have to titrate up again. I wonder why? If I didn't get the rash last time, why would I now?

I can't wait for this Lithium to get out of my system so I can feel normal again.

Lamictal is picky. So of course you have to titrate. The reason for such a slow starting titration is that the chance of adverse side effects, including The Rash, are increased if you just dive right back in. Also, just cuz you didn't get the rash, doesn't mean you won't.

Archived