CrazyBoards.org

Have y'all seen Mariah Carey lately? I'm wondering if she's "one of us," because she was hospitalized for a while due to "stress," and now she's back with weight gain.  Actually, I think she looks great.

I am NOT being critical of her, I'm just identifying with her.  I wonder if she's gone through the hell we all have.  I saw her on Oprah a while back, and after she performed, she kind of did a "Whew!" like she was nervous, and Oprah hugged her like it was kind of a triumph for her.

I reckon if she has then she should talk about it - let people know that it happens to the best (or worst) of us.

Be a spokesperson for all mentally interesting people.  Mind you I dont think I would like her as a spokesperson but you get what you get huh?

She has body dismorphic disorder though.

I agree.  Her behavior is very eccentric at times.

I am getting fed-up with these celebrities who claim "stress overload", et al, whenever they suddenly disappear from the limelight.  They could use their status to help destigmatize mental illness...it would be such a boon to society.  Throwing a blanket over the elephant in the room (Ok, a really big blanket) and calling it an unusual sort of ottoman is not helping anyone.

I am getting fed-up with these celebrities who claim "stress overload", et al, whenever they suddenly disappear from the limelight.  They could use their status to help destigmatize mental illness...it would be such a boon to society.  Throwing a blanket over the elephant in the room (Ok, a really big blanket) and calling it an unusual sort of ottoman is not helping anyone.
Great point, Ella!

I've got another one: Terri Hatcher.  The way she talks about her childhood ("I've blocked it out", according to an interview in one of those women's mags), and the fact that she starts baking when she gets home late at night, no matter that she has to be at work eary in the AM...and that she was celibate for four years and then flippantly remarked that she could bang college guys indiscrimnately if she wanted to. 

My money's on OCD and Bipolar...maybe Borderline.  (Ironically, I took a "Which Desperate Housewife are you?" test and guess who I ended up as  :) )

Russell Crowe's obviously got something going on.  Violent temper on that one.

Nicole Kidman impresses me as having an anxiety disorder...social anxiety?  She's very reserved in public and couldn't stop shaking when they interviewed her at the Oscars a couple of years ago (whenever Moulin Rouge was up for an award...did she win best actress, can't remember).

Can't think of any others at the moment.  (Except for Tom Cruise, who is obviously bipolar  ;) )

Lindsey Lohan was hospitalized for "exhaustion" a couple of months ago.  How many people that aren't famous are hospitalized when they are exhausted?  If you are that worn out, go home and rest.  That word always signals "MI" to me.  But hey, everytime I've been in the hospital for MI issues I haven't had a problem being honest about it.  It seems that others have the problem with it, i.e. they don't know what to say, decide they don't want to be friends with you anymore, etc.

I guess I can understand why famous people don't want to let the world know if they are MI.  But they should.

Jadegreendiva

I guess I can understand why famous people don't want to let the world know if they are MI.  But they should.

I think it does take an extraordinary amount of courage to let the world in on your personal struggles, and not everyone is up to that.  I don't know if I could ever openly discuss my MIs with people I don't know that well...I'd be afraid that they'd get some silly preconceived notions about who I am based on a stereotype.  E.g, If I told my neighbor I'm mildly psychotic, they'd probably steer well clear of me despite my friendliness and consideration for my neighbors.  We always fear what we don't understand.

until someone is sending me a casserole because I have MI (they would if I had any other disease), then something needs to be done.
I want a fucking casserole.

Hell, if anybody needs a casserole, it's MI people.  I wish I had food in this house right now.  All I have is ice cream. And I'm tired of ice cream.

I don't know if I've said it on this board, but the SECOND either Tom Cruise, or someone close to him,

has problems, I think he will change his opinoin. (sp).

There's a million people who aren't "hardcore" MI who seek help for things some of us would consider very manageable.

So,yeah, I think it's just a matter of time before a lot of people wise up on the true nature of MI.

And I want to add I was very surprized at some IRT convo's that people I have known for years will reveal thier problems/cocktails,ect.

They always add "but i'm not crazy!" I just laugh and tell them it's cool, I'm on meds, too.

Lindsey Lohan was hospitalized for "exhaustion" a couple of months ago.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you seen a picture of that young woman lately?  Exhaustion schmaustion!  FOOD!  A person can only work so long without sustenance.  If it qualifies for crazyboards, it definitely qualifies for hospital - whether of not we (us, here) all utilize it....

Did that make any sense?  Only one cup of coffee...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived