CrazyBoards.org

Unique DX - panic, depression, dp dr and maybe bipolar

After a suicide attempt, I saw a reputed psychiatrist and after 1 h 30 of questions, talking, reviewing all I had and all my doctors files, he was kind of clueless. He was really trying to put me into a dx. But all that resorted is that my case is UNIQUE and dp disorder is something very hard tot treat, and since I have allergy to many meds and htpersensitivity, it's harder. So I have panic disorder with agoraphobia, depression because of derealization and maybe bipolar. To rule out the bipiolar or tle, he will try Depakote with me very slowly. After if it doesn't work, maybe tegretol or just switch (after a month without meds!!!!) to an SSRI, because of my depression. He thought of Luvox because I have some OCD issues in my family. But I am deceived, afraid of depakote and afraid of Luvox. I don't know why this ssri would help me. And I wonder why he doesn't prescribe me ssri AND Epival at the same time. He said that it's to see if Depakote helps or not. But I am very depressed, and in a state of shock, I hate to heard that my case is unique and complex. I feel nauseated and I just take klonopin and lunesta (zopiclone). he didn't remove those meds because it kind of helps me to function (not to have panic attacks)

I know we're are unique but I just hate this derealization, feeling that I just woke up or just for 2 minutes not feeling myself. Psychiatrists have big trouble to understand that.

When I was working I had less depersonalization but still derealization. But now,right now, I feel very lost and confused. I moved, I am in another town, without job, I am depressed.. I don't feel well.

tks for readingme.

Unique dpdrgirl (I HATE to feel unique). ;)

If your case is complex and you have co morbid disorders and possibly bipolar, then it would be advisable to take your pdocs advice and try out the depakote and the meds that he suggests. You have not said what it is about taking depakote that scares you. I have found it to be very successful in treating my largely BPII depression heavy symptoms. I was scared at first but when i trusted my pdoc I was surprised at how much better I felt.

Archived