CrazyBoards.org

Iam so torn on life today..it just seems to me like it is going so slowly,and last night I asked my hubby if he thought I was schizophrenic, and he said no...and I told him I am exactly like my dads grandparents, who were paranoid schizophrenics, and they were crazy so am i. and he was like I dont think you are crazy..I really think he is in denial about what is wrong with me, he doesnt even think there is anything wrong with me, and dont get me wrong that is cool and all, but not when YOU want his support on taking meds during pregnancy, or when yoU want him to understand how serious what you have is...

And It is almost like he doesnt want to face that fact that My new diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder, after being changed from paranoid schizophrenia, is just too hard for him to deal with..I just really need him to be on board with this whole thing and he isnt..it really hurts..

any advice/encouragement???

My best friend has multiple personality disorder and her husband refuses to acknowledge it, and she has told me how hard it is. She seeks support from her therapist and her friends that do understand. Is there anyone in your life who is open minded and supportive for you?

He may be doing what he does cause he is afraid of making you feel worse by acknowedging it. It sounds wierd but I'm goulty of doing the same thing. So is the rest of my family. I really don't know how to explain. Or he's a jerk and in denial. Who knows. I wish you the best. I know how bad it feels when an SO won't acknowledge what you feel.

Archived