CrazyBoards.org

Hello;

I am new here, however I am not new to Depression. I'm a med non-responder who has just started my last AD med left on the list to try after having tried all other AD's ad nauseum, in combination, over and over again, to no avail over a lifetime.

Any insight, experience, re/ Emsam Patch or Selegiline you may have will be greatly appreciated as I am w/o hope.

Thank You; scp

Hello;

I am new here, however I am not new to Depression. I'm a med non-responder who has just started my last AD med left on the list to try after having tried all other AD's ad nauseum, in combination, over and over again, to no avail over a lifetime.

Any insight, experience, re/ Emsam Patch or Selegiline you may have will be greatly appreciated as I am w/o hope.

Thank You; scp

Hey There,

I have been on EMSAM for almost 6 weeks and I love it!

I have not liked any of the SSRI's I have taken before. EMSAM has given me no side effects and the only way I know I am even on anything is that I just don't do this well on my own. My anxiety is lower, I feel happy and hopeful and I sleep well. My apetite is normal. I wish I was a bit more motivated but that is always an issue for me.

I am ADD with atypical depression-you know, the oversleeping, overeating no emotions type of depression. I just get flat but not necesarily sad.

My dr. has added Namenda to give the EMSAM a boost. My mood is better than it nhas been in a long time.

I hope it gives you some relief as well.

Take Care!

AxXiom

Hello;

Thank You; scp

Hey There,

I have been on EMSAM for almost 6 weeks and I love it!

I have not liked any of the SSRI's I have taken before. EMSAM has given me no side effects and the only way I know I am even on anything is that I just don't do this well on my own. My anxiety is lower, I feel happy and hopeful and I sleep well. My apetite is normal. I wish I was a bit more motivated but that is always an issue for me.

I am ADD with atypical depression-you know, the oversleeping, overeating no emotions type of depression. I just get flat but not necesarily sad.

My dr. has added Namenda to give the EMSAM a boost. My mood is better than it nhas been in a long time.

I hope it gives you some relief as well.

Take Care!

AxXiom

AxXiom;

Thank You so much for your post. We have similiar diagnoses except my depression is chronic and severe. So glad that EMSAM is working for you! Do you take it with anything else? How are you sleeping? How long did it take for you to feel that it is working?

Sorry it is not helping w/ motivation, energy. I need help w both, too. I am hoping for a miracle, but know that is not going to happen. Your post is encouraging me that I may see improvement, suttle...but perhaps it will enough to help me want to hang on.

Thank You; scp

I am taking it with Namenda (2 weeks just went up to 20mg)

It really does help with energy because normally without a stimulant I am a flop. So, I'm not exactly on fire but I'm not asleep either.

It really helps with depression. This effect kicked in for me at about 5 weeks although I had glimpses before that.

I feel like since about the 4th week or so it just keeps building and getting better.

I don't know how much the Namenda is contributing last couple of weeks but I feel good. Happy. ;)

I just went up to 20 mg Namenda last night and have been pretty active today-maybe the Namenda is kicking in!

Sleep! 10-12 a night. But, when i get up I am awake and thats something for me.

I am going to give this combo another week and if I am not up and at 'em as much as I like I may add a tiny bit of Abilify. It is supposed to give you a real kick in the pants.

We sound like mental twinkies. I feel for ya.

Don't give up-this combo has me worlds better than have been in a long, long time. I feel pretty normal.

The energy aspect of ENSAM is apparent from the first week for me.

Peace,

Ax

It really does help with energy because normally without a stimulant I am a flop. So, I'm not exactly on fire but I'm not asleep either.

It really helps with depression. This effect kicked in for me at about 5 weeks although I had glimpses before that.

I feel like since about the 4th week or so it just keeps building and getting better.

I don't know how much the Namenda is contributing last couple of weeks but I feel good. Happy. ;)

I just went up to 20 mg Namenda last night and have been pretty active today-maybe the Namenda is kicking in!

I am going to give this combo another week and if I am not up and at 'em as much as I like I may add a tiny bit of Abilify. It is supposed to give you a real kick in the pants.

Don't give up-this combo has me worlds better than have been in a long, long time. I feel pretty normal.

Peace,

Ax

Hello again AxXiom;

What exactly do you men by Abilify giving you a kick in the pants? For some reason I always think of it for Manic or BP issues. I thought it made people tired or spacey??? And gain lots of weight? Perhaps I am wrong??? Sadly my memory is failing me and I can no longer remember all the meds and which had which s/e .

Why did the Dr add Namenda? Don't freak out, but Alzheimer patients take it. I wonder if it would help my memory?

I am so glad you are doing so well! As for me...still hanging in there w/ Emsam. No motivation, happiness yet. Some tears. Dr want's to start Lamictal if in one week. What do you think? It is such a hassle to tirate up to an sffective dose from what I have read. It must take forever to find out it won't help. Some say it is activating in posts, but other's say it is the opposite.

I'm confused and need help to decide. This is SO the wrong time for me to go on a long, long, long probable dead end, just to be doing

something! I need to go with a sure thing right now! Ha Ha! There are No Sure Things in psychland!

BTW...Does Emsam effect your uhhhh, bowels Ax? Notice any diff from before you took it?

Thank's; scp

Hello again AxXiom;

What exactly do you men by Abilify giving you a kick in the pants? For some reason I always think of it for Manic or BP issues. I thought it made people tired or spacey??? And gain lots of weight? Perhaps I am wrong??? Sadly my memory is failing me and I can no longer remember all the meds and which had which s/e .

****I hear many reports of Abilify being very motivating and energizing at low doses. It can cause lethergy but I don't hear that often, if fact I hear lots of raves about this med.

Why did the Dr add Namenda? Don't freak out, but Alzheimer patients take it. I wonder if it would help my memory?

*********yep. he says it helps ADD people and he is on it himself for that+ neuroprotective properties. he says all the neurologists are gobbling it up. The positive effects the med has on him were apparent. He was happy and shiney. Naturally I said yes. I'd love some! It should help you cognitively in many ways it also has erased my anxiety.

I am so glad you are doing so well! As for me...still hanging in there w/ Emsam. No motivation, happiness yet. Some tears. Dr want's to start Lamictal if in one week. What do you think? It is such a hassle to tirate up to an sffective dose from what I have read. It must take forever to find out it won't help. Some say it is activating in posts, but other's say it is the opposite.

****************I took Lamictal. Not a good experience for me. I only made it 4 days. It sent me hypomanic and I got the rash. Took me months to recover from the damn prednisone they gave me to stop the rash. I have not heard of many doing great on it for very long but you know, mostly the bad stories are the ones told. Based on what i know it would not be my first choice.

I'm confused and need help to decide. This is SO the wrong time for me to go on a long, long, long probable dead end, just to be doing

something! I need to go with a sure thing right now! Ha Ha! There are No Sure Things in psychland!

***********On Thursday i went up to 20 mg Namenda and Fri. I felt great! did laundry and have been active this weekend. Don't know how much is the Namenda and how much is the Emsam but I am feeling so well. Namenda is a pretty safe and tolerable drug-it is certainly worth a try.

BTW...Does Emsam effect your uhhhh, bowels Ax? Notice any diff from before you took it?

*******I may have had a little bit of diahrrea from it. Could have been the redbulls I was drinking too. ; )

Thank's; scp

**************You are so welcome. Let's keep sharing info-it is really helpful and nice to not feel so alone with this crap.

Take Care,

AxXiom

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again AxXiom;

****I hear many reports of Abilify being very motivating and energizing at low doses. It can cause lethergy but I don't hear that often, if fact I hear lots of raves about this med.

*********yep. he says it helps ADD people and he is on it himself for that+ neuroprotective properties. he says all the neurologists are gobbling it up. The positive effects the med has on him were apparent. He was happy and shiney. Naturally I said yes. I'd love some! It should help you cognitively in many ways it also has erased my anxiety.

****************I took Lamictal. Not a good experience for me. I only made it 4 days. It sent me hypomanic and I got the rash. Took me months to recover from the damn prednisone they gave me to stop the rash. I have not heard of many doing great on it for very long but you know, mostly the bad stories are the ones told. Based on what i know it would not be my first choice.

***********On Thursday i went up to 20 mg Namenda and Fri. I felt great! did laundry and have been active this weekend. Don't know how much is the Namenda and how much is the Emsam but I am feeling so well. Namenda is a pretty safe and tolerable drug-it is certainly worth a try.

*******I may have had a little bit of diahrrea from it. Could have been the redbulls I was drinking too. ; )

Thank's; scp

**************You are so welcome. Let's keep sharing info-it is really helpful and nice to not feel so alone with this crap.

Take Care,

AxXiom

Hello AxXiom;

Just checking to see how you are doing on rhe Emsam? What dose are you up to now? Are you able to sleep well on this med?

Still doing well on Namenda? I am close to 1 month on 6mg Emsam and have decided to wait on the Lamictal even though my Dr really is fond of the med. Sleep is an issue for me and I have been up 3 day's w/o it! I think I feel a tiny bit of Emsam energy at times, durig the day, however it's not emough to get me motivated. Still depressed. Nothing negative to report except headaches and muscle aches and pains, small S/E's compared to what we usually get on meds, so would not complain.

Waiting for that 'kick in' you experienced at 5 weeks! Really need this med to work!

Hope all if well w/ you and that you are enjoying this holiday weekend.

scp

• 3 years later...

Peace,

Ax

I have ADHD and depression and im about to start Emsam next week. Is it safe to continue to take my adderall with emsam? I also have social anixety, but not severe, will emsam help with social anxiety. If anyone has any insite about Emsam in treating ADHD/Depression/Social anxiety please email me at joshokerson@hotmail.com Thanks Josh

Archived