CrazyBoards.org

My Psychiatrist is Back

My pdoc went away for six months (Australia) but now he has returned first of July. I don't want to look too eager to get back on the couch  but I know I still have some issues that need to be resolved. 

Would I look totally clingy and dependent if I called this week and made an appointment, or should I play it cool & call next week (if I can hold off that long)?  I'm frightened I'll look like too much of a head case if I call his first week back, but there alot of crazy people on this Island and I"m scared someone will take my spot.

Hell no, call and book your appointment as soon as possible.  He may be booked up for some time already.  And if you're seeing a pdoc he probably has some idea of how much of a head case you are already. LOL. Sulu

Call ASAP.  Get your name on his calendar.  You deserve appropriate treatment.  I'm afraid waiting 'til next week might compromise your position to receive it. 

RedRocket,

There is absolutely nothing to worry about!  This isn't like going on a first date and not wanting to seem too desperate if you call too soon.  Your doc has been gone for 6 months so it is totally understandably that you would like an appointment with him.  This has nothing to do with an image, this has to do with you health.  Try to book an appt ASAP because he is sure to be inundated with other patients who have not been able to see him for this half a year.

So make the call.  There is nothing wrong with you being concerned with your mental health... good luck

be well,

Ophelia

Just play hard to get.  I think pdocs like that. B)

Or you could have followed him on vaction, like What About Bob did.

Maybe make the call and hang up on the first ring if you get nervous...Thats what I do.

Archived