CrazyBoards.org

TOO MUCH PAIN

HI all, I was diagnosed with scoliosis, and fibromyaglia, earlier this year, and they are killing me, and my doc says the only thing I can do is take some tylenol, which does nothing for me, bc of my years of abusing it, and so Iam in constant muscle pain,a nd excruciating back pain..A friend suggested that I get trigger point injections, have any of you heard of that? the reason they cant give me anything else, is bc Iam pregnant, but Iam just at my wits end, with the pain..need some advice help whatnot..

My rheumatologist has mentioned trigger-point injections to me (I have fibromyalgia, too) but I haven't tried them yet. From what I remember, he said that they can be effective up to three months. I've read a little about them online and it seems that the injections are lidocaine.

Oh, here's a little more about them.

• 11 months later...

hi, tiredoftherapy21

Wanted to bump this one up to see how you were doing -

I've had the TPI & nerve blocks - they only help temporarily

& I have the same problem with the meds (addiction)

So, your question (and mine) - where do you go from here?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

HI all, I was diagnosed with scoliosis, and fibromyaglia, earlier this year, and they are killing me, and my doc says the only thing I can do is take some tylenol, which does nothing for me, bc of my years of abusing it, and so Iam in constant muscle pain,a nd excruciating back pain..A friend suggested that I get trigger point injections, have any of you heard of that? the reason they cant give me anything else, is bc Iam pregnant, but Iam just at my wits end, with the pain..need some advice help whatnot..

Sorry I didn't see this earlier... however, Sometimes with pregnant women with lots of pain issues they prescribe methadone. Its kinda a last resort, but I know what bad pain is like. Try taking warm baths/showers.... swimming can also help fibromyalgia out a lot....

There are also supplements that you can take while pregnant that can help fibro, not always *that* much of a help, but even a little help can hold you over sometimes...

Co Q 10 - 100mg

Fish Oil - As much DHA and EPA as possible

Probiotics, specifically Acidophillus

Archived