CrazyBoards.org

As some of you know, my depression has come back with a vengence. Some of this is situational (i.e. Moving, new job etc.), but the symptoms are new:

1. 2 months ago I started hearing voices saying things like "fuck it all!", "give up" and "Kill yourself and get it over with..." sometimes my voice, sometimes a demonic voice. (Dr. Gave me Risperdal for it last month)

2. for the last month or so I have been having really bad depression induced Anxiety and Panic attacks.

3. Altogether I have been feeling hopeless and lost.

I met with my Dr. today (3rd time in 3 months) and he is not happy with the results so he adjusted my medication a bit by adding Klonopin (.25mg 2x daily) for the anxiety, and keeping my Paxil at 40mg. In addition I am to keep taking 2mg of Risperdal at night to help with the racing thoughts and voices.

I have noticed that today I have felt a little more layed back and calm with the klonopin. This has helped me from feeling too hopeless and helpless.

I am curious what you all think about this. Have any of you had this combo of meds? something similar? Do you think this might level me off for a bit?

Thanks,

Manny

I was on some variation of that the whole time I was in school. I wasn't on quite as high an SSRI dose, but I didn't have quite the same symptoms either.

I didn't grow a third arm and it did help. I got better and worse on it several times.

Well, I do use Klonopin. It can not only be helpful for anxiety, but also for depression as well. Klonopin has the most anti-seizure effect than any other benzo. In some cases, it can actually give me energy! In any case, stick with it for now... you may have to up the dosage a bit over time, however.

Archived