CrazyBoards.org

is abilify therapeutic up to 30mgs, my pdoc says they dont prescribe it at that dose and 20mg is the max. I ran away from hospital today to write this. I told him I was getting severe paranoia and acute psychotic attacks and could he write me something up for an emergency - 2 bloody milligrams of diazepam was all I got - for acute psychosis! Its like putting a flimsy band aid plaster on a gushing artery!  ;)   :)   :P Goddamnit I hate psychiatrists!

is abilify therapeutic up to 30mgs, my pdoc says they dont prescribe it at that dose and 20mg is the max.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's wrong.  I take 30mg and it comes in a pill with that dosage.

I hate pdocs too...

is abilify therapeutic up to 30mgs, my pdoc says they dont prescribe it at that dose and 20mg is the max. I ran away from hospital today to write this. I told him I was getting severe paranoia and acute psychotic attacks and could he write me something up for an emergency - 2 bloody milligrams of diazepam was all I got - for acute psychosis! Its like putting a flimsy band aid plaster on a gushing artery!  ;)   :)   :P Goddamnit I hate psychiatrists!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I take more than that before pelvic exams!

714006.jpg

Two 30 mg tablets of Abilify

Do you have access to a color printer?

Ha ha ha! Thats hilarious strungoutonlife! He checked with the drugs company and apparently there is no evidence that abilify works any better at 30mgs than it does at 20mgs. We are light years behind you guys when it comes to psychiatry, every time i go to see him I end up wanting to harm myself! AAARRGGGHHHH!!

I tried Amblify once, about 2 years ago.  I knew immediatly that it was not for me.  But then again I have read that it helps alot of people.  After taking the initial dose, I later became very,(how can I describe it?) detachted from everything.  I felt weird (which has happened to me with trying a new meds, but not to such extremes) in a strange and very unsettling way.  It also made it hard to sleep difficult, which has been an ongoing issue for me.  So I gave it a thumbs down.  But  that might mean a thumbs up for a different brain.

Risperdal gave me vivid dreams to the point of moving around so much at bedtime that my former girlfriend would ask me if I was dreaming about being a swimmer in the olymipic games.

Zyprexa really reminded me of taking Thorazine along time ago.  Just numb and not intellectual anywhere to be found.

But that's me.  We are all on our search for our own Holy grail med.  I don't think that it exists, but, perhaps we can find some help with the right med and plot our own course.

skaz Posted Today, 08:42 AM

I tried Amblify once, about 2 years ago.  I knew immediatly that it was not for me.  But then again I have read that it helps alot of people.  After taking the initial dose, I later became very,(how can I describe it?) detachted from everything.  I felt weird (which has happened to me with trying a new meds, but not to such extremes) in a strange and very unsettling way.  It also made it hard to sleep difficult, which has been an ongoing issue for me.  So I gave it a thumbs down.  But  that might mean a thumbs up for a different brain.

Risperdal gave me vivid dreams to the point of moving around so much at bedtime that my former girlfriend would ask me if I was dreaming about being a swimmer in the olymipic games.

Zyprexa really reminded me of taking Thorazine along time ago.  Just numb and not intellectual anywhere to be found.

But that's me.  We are all on our search for our own Holy grail med.  I don't think that it exists, but, perhaps we can find some help with the right med and plot our own course.

Sorry to hear you have had bad experiences and I can definitely identify with them. Oh for the holy grail! My doctor is talking clozapine now...........  :)   ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived