CrazyBoards.org

anyone on abilify?? and can tell me if it is normal to have severe cramps while on it, and also pelvic pain and chest pain..I am having these problems,and Idont know if I should go off themeds, bc it is helping with my schizophrenia..so I don tknow..

I was on Abilify. All I got was headache, extreme drowsiness, and akathisia.

I looked at the PI Sheet (though I'm no expert at that):

http://www.bms.com/cgi-bin/anybin.pl?sql=s...101&key=PPI

And they do list Abdominal Discomfort, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, and Pain along with Tachycardia in their med vs placebo reactions.

Out of your symptoms, the one I'd be worried about is the chest pain. Sometimes I get muscle chest pain, and that's no big deal..

But if it's your heart - that is something to worry about.

If it were me, I'd call the doc just to make sure.

i had severe abdominal pain on abilify... because i was insanely constipated.

do the chest pains feel like they could be anxiety? (same with abdominal actually, anxiety can cause abdominal pain.)

abilify can be activating, which can cause anxiety for some people.

since starting abilify i get this horrible tightening of my chest muscles that feels like a heart issue but isn't, very bad periods, and lost about 10lbs (and while i think i'm fat, i know that being almost down to 100lbs isn't fat).

THANKS YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES..NOW FOR MY UPDATE::

Well an update, Iam stillon abilify, the cramping went away after taking it for like 5 days, and the pelvic pain, I guess is just bc Iam pregnant..so...Iam staying on it, bc It is helping withmy schizo stuff!..the only big complaint I have now, is the blurred vision, and the tiredness.

THANKS YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES..NOW FOR MY UPDATE::

Well an update, Iam stillon abilify, the cramping went away after taking it for like 5 days, and the pelvic pain, I guess is just bc Iam pregnant..so...Iam staying on it, bc It is helping withmy schizo stuff!..the only big complaint I have now, is the blurred vision, and the tiredness.

Blurred vision is a common side effect. Tests showed that compared with placebo there was double the chance of having blurred vision on abilify. I have it too ;)

Archived