CrazyBoards.org

Re-reading what you've already wrote

Does anybody else do this? Maybe it's just me. I don't even know where to post this. I guess it's sort of an obsession. I find myself gravitating towards what I already posted here. I read the posts I made over and over as if they were made by someone else. It's not like I was drunk and can't remember what I wrote, it's just that I find it entertaining to re-read and re-read what I already wrote. Sortof like, hmm, these were the feelings I had on that day at that time.... I dunno. Thanks for listening

I have to admit I do this too, but mainly as I make a crapload of semantic mistakes, which often greatly changes the meaning of the sentence or entire post.

I understand that there's a subset of OCDers, specifically under the "compulsive checker" category, who have to compulsively check as they have a habit of forgetting things and/or screwing them up.

I understand that there's a subset of OCDers, specifically under the "compulsive checker" category, who have to compulsively check as they have a habit of forgetting things and/or screwing them up.

Is it thatthey have a habit of screwing things up or are convinced that they have a habit of screwing things up?

I have a tendency to read and reread what I write. Especially when "chatting" online. It can take me forever to just press enter and a lot of times what I was going to say just doesn't apply anymore by the time I'm going to finally input it. I'm also afraid of talking partly because I think I'm afraid I'm going to say the wrong thing and so rethink what I am going to say. Like, I'm afraid I'm going to say the wrong name, even of those very close to me. As if I don't actually know their names. Which is stupid, because obviously I know the name of my boyfriend.

Um. After I post I reread what I wrote too and edit because I feel like I wrote something incorrectly. I try not to go back and reread after that though because I will probably keep editing.

If I am going to post something, sometimes I just have to type through and not look at it and go. Otherwise I end up spending an hour on it and then a lot of times not posting it at all. unfourtunately when I just "Write and go" a lot of times it ends up not making sense. Sort of like this post, I think. Because it's kind of sort of answering your question. Maybe this isn't appropraite at all. I don't really know.

Is it that they have a habit of screwing things up or are convinced that they have a habit of screwing things up?

Probably a combination of both.

Personally, I've swapped a couple of words by accident and came off totally the opposite of what I intended to come off as.

Also, I've had one minor semantic error set off a massive CB e-conflagration on multiple threads.

Hence my OCDness, your OCDness may vary.

I read my old

Posts.

Especially

way back in my

Springer.

I have worried that

"Stasis"

would be destroyed

By the drugs

that make me

Well. (believe that!!!)

Any way I feel like

Stasis is gone.

Back to re-reading

my posts,

I wonder who wrote

some of that.

The Leonard Cohen of

Crazy Boards?

A rambling paranoid,

So what's next?

My Blog I guess.

Writing in Full sentences??

Mmmmm,I'll be back to read this.

• 4 weeks later...

I do the same thing, but not for entertainment purposes. But instead, I do it because I look for mistakes, and think over and over if what I wrote could spark something negative. Should I have posted that? Should I erase it? Wait! I meant this, gotta edit it!

I do the same thing, but not for entertainment purposes. But instead, I do it because I look for mistakes, and think over and over if what I wrote could spark something negative. Should I have posted that? Should I erase it? Wait! I meant this, gotta edit it!

Same for me. For some reason I have been forgetting how to spell common words, which is embarassing as I am normally quite intelligent. Didn't know this was a sign of OCD though.

Cat

Archived