CrazyBoards.org

well, the ball is finally rolling. damn that it took so long. i was the one who did it, not my pdoc.

oh, excuse me, my pdoc was a nurse, not a pdoc. yeah, i am stupid. for 4 years i did not know that. but that is part of my problem. out of touch.

so, i finally got a name for a neuropysch from the, eh, nurse's boss.

great person. she told me my problems were from depression and anxiety, nothing organic.

she then referred me to a clinical psychologist.

and that is how i met gaye.

well, she is a godsend. she talked to my old pdoc (nurse), wants to read the evaluation from the neuropysch, told me i needed to see a neurologist for my constant movement then proceeded to ask me if it was okay to talk to the neurologist first so the neurologist could get an understanding of what i am going for. oh, she even wants to talk to my parents!

yea!

she also told me i have severe depression and she will not give up on me. yea!

i feel like someone is finally taking the reins. when i was seeing the nurse i was always the one with suggestions.

right now, i am a mess. i am physically spent, worn down, beat up. i am also grumpy and just want to yell at people for how stupid they are being. i don't, but it would feel good.

oh, the nurse told gaye that i have not improved any and is surprised i can even hold a job.

enough about me. i will keep you updated if you like.

best wishes to you,

kathryn

this is further proof that a teamwork approach to health care is essential for the patient's wellbeing. also, while it may have been awhile in waiting for this kind of treatment, i have to say that at least you're finally getting it. there are so many people like us who don't get treated at all, or who end up with substandard treatment for their whole lives.

take care of yourself! you are the only you in the world. life is worth living.

it is great that you're getting this help. keep us posted and use us for support.

loon

well, the ball is finally rolling. damn that it took so long. i was the one who did it, not my pdoc.

oh, excuse me, my pdoc was a nurse, not a pdoc. yeah, i am stupid. for 4 years i did not know that. but that is part of my problem. out of touch.

That's not stupid. Some nurses can be better than the actual doctors. They can be up to date on psych stuff without a degree. True, it's better to know who you're dealing with.. but don't put yourself down over it.

so, i finally got a name for a neuropysch from the, eh, nurse's boss.

great person. she told me my problems were from depression and anxiety, nothing organic.

Good to know that there's nothing physically wrong that causing the problem. That's an important thing to find out.

she then referred me to a clinical psychologist.

and that is how i met gaye.

well, she is a godsend. she talked to my old pdoc (nurse), wants to read the evaluation from the neuropysch, told me i needed to see a neurologist for my constant movement then proceeded to ask me if it was okay to talk to the neurologist first so the neurologist could get an understanding of what i am going for. oh, she even wants to talk to my parents!

yea!

she also told me i have severe depression and she will not give up on me. yea!

i feel like someone is finally taking the reins. when i was seeing the nurse i was always the one with suggestions.

I'm soo happy for you. It really makes a difference when you find the right person. Even if the meds don't end up working, just knowing that they're really trying hard for you helps. Her wanting to corroborate with the neuro doc is wonderful. You've probably talked about this before somewhere, but what constant movements are you having? Is it like a hyperactivity thing or uncontrolled jumps..?

I'm assuming your relationship with your parents is positive? If so it must be good to have that support. ;)

right now, i am a mess. i am physically spent, worn down, beat up. i am also grumpy and just want to yell at people for how stupid they are being. i don't, but it would feel good.

oh, the nurse told gaye that i have not improved any and is surprised i can even hold a job.

enough about me. i will keep you updated if you like.

best wishes to you,

kathryn

I understand completely.. as you know. *Hugs*

Maybe try to write your aggressions down? Putting something on paper or typing it out can help.. freestyle or in letter form if it's geared towards a particular person..

Hold in there. I'm having quite a few job problems myself, so I understand how difficult it can be to function there. Have you been having noticeable problems there, or have you managed to keep it separate?

Thinking of you,

Melissa

oh wow! thank you everybody! i must admit, i totally forgot i posted this! what a nice surprise!

cetkat- the movements are constantly twirling my hair. if i am not doing that i am shaking my leg, wringing my hands, sucking on my tongue. what a pain! thank you for your post!

my tdoc told me that my speech problems are from anxiety. to just take a deep breath and think, then speak.

she also told me that my memory problems are just like everybody elses. that i should accept my limitations. well, i am not buying that one. i think my memory will improve once i clear up my anxiety and chronic pain (working on it). i will only believe her after that.

all in all, she is helping and is very straightforward. which is great, because i hate when people pussyfoot around you.

thanks again!

kathryn

cetkat- the movements are constantly twirling my hair. if i am not doing that i am shaking my leg, wringing my hands, sucking on my tongue. what a pain! thank you for your post!

Yeah.. I understand how that can get annoying. Of course anxiety or just hyperactivity can cause the same thing. I often bite the inside of my cheek and do the shaking thing whenever I'm bored or have any pent up energy. Hopefully, it's more mental-based than something actually wrong. Let me know how the visit turns out. ;)

she also told me that my memory problems are just like everybody elses. that i should accept my limitations. well, i am not buying that one. i think my memory will improve once i clear up my anxiety and chronic pain (working on it). i will only believe her after that.

Well, anxiety and depression can effect memory.. I actually read something awhile back that linked depression with an inability to remember names. It measured different people, and after getting help with their depression, their mental ability came back. Stress can also really limit your ability to think clearly and retain information. It sounds like she might have just been trying to reassure you. I tend to agree with you that your memory will probably improve as you do..

*Hugs*

Archived